register Login
Chinadaily Forum Return to homepage

Swifty55's space http://bbs.chinadaily.com.cn/?2298645 [Favorite] [Copy] [Share] [RSS]

Statistics

349 number of visits

• What's on your mind...To all the studnets in China.Make sure you do your best in order to make your life better. Reply
  • If anyone ever needs a dentist in China. Do not go to Mr.Dentist"..They managed to make my teeth worse and would not fix the problem.Cost me 3,000 RMB and I had to go to another dentist to get it fixe ... Reply
  • What's on your mind...Miss all my beautiful students Reply
  • GenderMale
  • Birthday5 Month 23 Day
  • BirthplaceUnited States New York
  • Graduate schoolStanford
  • EducationDr.
  • CompanyUniversity Professor - Retired
  • ProfessionProfessor
  • PositionEnglish Professor
  • Making friends purposeFreinds
  • hobbyShooting pool,bowling, cards, and tutoring Chinese

View all personal profiles

No Feeds yet

"Gaokao" Taken by Stanford Grad students 2018-06-23
A Chinese exchange professor and a old co-worker Professor friend of mine worked together to give the actual  "Gaokao" college entrance exam to ...
(19) readings|(0) comments
"TOEFL" or "S.A.T." ? 2018-06-16
With the USA university's now letting Chinese use the very easy"TOEFL" college entrance exam instead of the "SAT" or "ACT" students get a false sense ...
(169) readings|(0) comments
Love can prevent a child's suicide 2018-06-08
Parents need to spend time every day talking to their child. If you set goals for your child that they can not meet in school you may cause problems ...
(968) readings|(9) comments
A star blogger here asked me. How do you ever "teach" anything? 2018-06-07
A famous foreign" blogger" here asked me in a message. How do you "teach" anything?  Well first of all my job tittle was "teacher"and the wo ...
(842) readings|(14) comments
Life to me is "Greener" in China then my x-home USA 2018-06-05
In 2000 I started to study China and 12 other countries I was considering making my new home when I retire. I spent at least one month in each country ...
(281) readings|(2) comments
How not to teach English or any language in school. 2018-06-01
I will list problems of why China has failed and will continue to fail teaching  English. You decide what must be done in China and let the Mini ...
(746) readings|(4) comments

View more

No threads yet

You can't leave a message until you have logged in Log in | register

shehemego 2018-6-14 15:23:33
Swifty55: Have a wonderful day
Yessss. Have a nice day! To you and to me.
Swifty55 2018-6-10 16:11:06
Michael thanks for pointing out my mis-types.I never took typing. Boys were not allowed to take typing when I went to school. Only could take shop classes.
Swifty55 2018-6-10 13:28:30
M&M is a old friend of mine, call him M&M because he always has a M&M's with him,plus he never has anything good to say. Would never mention the person, by the it was a lady here who sent me a private message. When anyone says negative things to m e I just say M&M to them.They have no clue, so I do not offend them,sort of. LOL
MichaelM 2018-6-9 08:13:20
One other thing. Though I wasn't the Star Blogger who said what you posted about ('how can you teach anything') in your blog, you did refer to M&M. Close to my name. I did correct the spelling of 'language' in the title of your blog and if that offended you, I want to apologize. I should have done so privately and not publicly. It isn't wise of me to make such a correction publicly. I know you must be an excellent teacher and guide for many students in China. I respect you and appreciate you. Th ... ...
MichaelM 2018-6-9 07:55:55
Hello friend. You're doing a great job. Your first point about Chinese English teachers 'not teaching in English', is so spot on. It is an ongoing problem in China. Your experience and wisdom that you share are both immensely beneficial to me. Thank you.
Swifty55 2018-1-18 10:32:25
Tried to send a letter  to the Minster of Education at moe@moe.edu.cn
Can not get through to him.Anyone know best way to get a letter to him?Let me know please
Swifty55 2017-8-17 16:34:03
Read my blogs if interested in learning about the real USA.
Close

Hottest topic

China watchers share your stories and win prizes
China Daily website welcomes foreigners from around the world to share their experiences and thoughts about China’s reform and opening-up. Join us to win amazing prizes!

Check »

Archiver|   

GMT +8, 2018-6-25 08:07

Contact Us :

Office number : 86-10-84883534 , 86-10-84883548   Email: chinaforum#chinadaily.com.cn, Switch the # to @ when you send email to us.

Back to the top