Home / Forum / World affairs

China refutes Australia's accusation of tweeting "fake image"

ceciliazhang

Dec 02, 2020, 10:04

BEIJING, Dec. 1 (Xinhua) -- A Chinese foreign ministry spokesperson on Tuesday refuted Australia's accusation that a Chinese official had tweeted a "fake image" about the Australian military's atrocities committed in Afghanistan.

"The accusation is false in itself as the image was never a real one, but a computer-generated illustration by a young artist. The concept is completely different," spokesperson Hua Chunying told a routine press briefing, adding that the Australian side was trying to shift blames by hyping up the issue.

She pointed out that the image was based on a confirmed inquiry report by the Australian Defence Force (ADF). "Although it is an illustration, it reflects facts."

On Nov. 19, the ADF released the findings of the inquiry that heard testimonies from more than 400 witnesses. The inquiry found that "credible evidence" proved that special-forces soldiers murdered 39 prisoners, farmers and civilians during the war in Afghanistan.

Citing an interview of the image's creator, Hua said what Australian soldiers had done was much more brutal than what's been portrayed in the image.

When dealing with issues involving China, some people always insist on the "I can, but you are not allowed" mentality, Hua said, citing examples from the fields of technology and economy.

"I can have the 5G, but you are not allowed" "I can take you down economically, but you are not allowed" and "I can openly criticize you, but you are not allowed." Such an attitude reveals the arrogance and hypocrisy of some people and exposes the real purpose, which is to deprive China's right to speak out the truth, the spokesperson said.

"I hope these people can view China and China's development calmly and rationally, take constructive actions and work with China to resolve differences, and jointly maintain the healthy development of bilateral relations," said Hua.

Lol the words "fake" used by that response. If you look at the image it is not fake. It is an artist's rendition of Australian war crimes. Shame on the Morrison government for not apologizing to Afghanistan and its people but demanding apologies from China.

26 1471
wchao37

Newtown:

Artistic renditions in this case purport to illustrate the crime. Notice what the position of the photographer should have been if that were not just an artistic rendition.  Was a helicopter used in an indoor shot?  In these halcyon days of high-tech photographic arts, artistic renditions can be made to look real -- just the addition of Morrison in that position makes it look improbable.  Photographic renditions do not make or break a case.  Just a few days ago we saw a CD photo of two dogs jumping over a fence in exact unison -- the expression on their faces (resting calmly on the floor) made the photo look unreal.  Are you aware of anyone accusing any European (e.g. German) forces to have committed similar crimes based on eyewitness accounts?  Why are they singling out Aussies for the crimes if it weren't the result of authenticated reports?      

Luckywife01
wchao37 post time: 2020-12-06 10:18

As usual, you like to personal attacking forumites with irrelevant or useless stuff.  Are you talking about somebody else's daughter here Wchao37?!  Who's green turtle you are referring to - someone with a wife and a girl friend the same time or someone with a husband and another man in a different country?🤫  You always sound drunk and confused to me haha~😁

Luckywife01
wchao37 post time: 2020-12-06 10:18

How's life in L. A. Wchao37?🙂  

The way you talk or act like you are either over-dozed or too much drunk. 🤔

Anyways, look after yourself with steady state of mind hopefully. 

Newtown
wchao37 post time: 2020-12-06 12:12

"The first one is even worse..even in new towns, they don't cut people's throats in broad daylight." So you clearly agree that this image is faked.

Newtown
GhostBuster post time: 2020-12-06 14:11

"News from the West is TRUTH for the world but that same information if were to be delivered by the East is always FAKE!"

Whereas news from the East is the reverse.

GhostBuster

News from the West is TRUTH for the world but that same information if were to be delivered by the East is always FAKE!

This has led US into its hole dug for others like an Arabic saying that he who digs a hole for his brother will himself fall into it!

wchao37
Newtown post time: 2020-12-06 08:38

The first one is even worse -- even in new towns, they don't cut people's throats in broad daylight.  LGK downstairs may be an exception.

wchao37
Luckywife01 post time: 2020-12-05 20:04

Stop this nonsense, "Luckywife01" my foot. 

You are no Chinese citizen.  Ed Snowden verified that you are the one and only Lau Guan Kim the Singaporean transvestite whose ghost has been frequenting these corridors of CD for two decades. 

Pretending to write impossibly poor English while throwing little darts is your trademark. 

If six feet of topsoil was not enough to keep your coffin lid from slippage, your daughter should sue the undertaker for furnishing cheap plywood at the price of birchwood.

In the meantime, everyone can see you are quite dissatisfied with your present lot as a green turtle.

Newtown
wchao37 post time: 2020-12-05 01:03

You're talking about a later image, not the first one which had no depiction of the Australian PM. Try to keep up.

Luckywife01

Once again I support our Chinese government to express her own opinions on international affairs regardless if the other affected country or countries is willing to listen or not. 🇨🇳🇨🇳