Home / Forum / China watch

Should Chinese students avoid Western universities as coronavirus

A very hungry caterpillar

Oct 28, 2020, 09:16

Four out of five affluent Chinese parents with children studying foreign curriculums and taking foreign examinations say they have postponed plans to send kids abroad.

Concerns mounted among wealthy and middle-class mainland Chinese after the US recently revoked more than 1,000 visas of graduate students and research scholars.

Will you still think of study abroad?

5 734
parcher

If you want your head cut off,  then by all means head to europe 

As xmas approachers you might even get a 2 for the price of one....

GhostBuster

China has an education system that should educate more college students to make them compete and produce better results within compressed time!

BrianSA

I have been involved in teaching English both IELTS & TOEFL to Chinese students who had the desire to study abroad for three years and I am still feeling that a lot more thought must be put into it. I really cannot see any major advantge in study abroad and I really think that it should be avoided as it does not mean study abroad would give that person the right to live in the country that they are studying in, there are many universities here in China that a student can consider for further study.

If you look at the situation as it is today, not only do we have the pandemic problem, but there is an adverse political climate, which is being driven by America, with the rest of the Anglosphere world following like sheep, not only that their is a definte concern about security and the possibilty of serious harm comming to the student, I therefore feel that study abroad should not even be considered at this stage.

Just to give an example one of the students that I taught went to Australia, when he returned, he thought he had all the credentials to get a top job, he did'nt he ended up working for MacDonalds, on the front counter.

GhostBuster

Good news!
Instead of going to the West, most Chinese students will go to Singapore!

Singapore universities will have to expand and increase international students intake. They are a great source of foreign income for Singapore economy!

Thanks to US and EU for their unceasing efforts to push Chinese students to Singapore. 

emanreus

re: "Will you still think of study abroad?"

One had to be out of their minds to send your own kids to Countries which are preparing to bomb the sheit out of you.

US is encircling the Middle Kingdom.

The small oceanic country of Palau, a sovereign nation, (177 sq mi) 10x18 miles; (during World War II, the uncle Sam captured Palau from Japan in 1944).

The the Pacific Islands Nation with a population of 18,000 has called on the US military to build military bases in its territory.