Home / Forum / Living in China

The charm of traditional Chinese medicine

A very hungry caterpillar

Oct 20, 2020, 09:06

Traditional medicine plays important role in fight against COVID-19 home and abroad.

As more TCM doctors go abroad to practice and international exchanges become more frequent, the ancient Chinese medical system, which has been practiced in China for thousands of years, is bringing health benefits to more people around the world.

By the end of last year, TCM had spread to 183 countries and regions, and TCM cooperation between governments and education sectors in China and other countries had intensified, according to the National Administration of Traditional Chinese Medicine. Nearly 10,000 overseas students are admitted to Chinese universities to study TCM every year, and TCM courses have also been opened in more countries.

TCM played an important role in fighting the COVID-19 pandemic in China, with many patients recovering after treatment combining TCM and modern medicine. It also is being used against the pandemic overseas. Of all confirmed COVID-19 cases on the Chinese mainland, 92 percent received TCM treatment. In Hubei province, the area hit hardest by the pandemic in China, more than 90 percent of all COVID-19 patients who received TCM treatments saw their condition improve, the National Administration of Traditional Chinese Medicine said.

5 1205
BrianSA

I am a South African of Caucasian origin and have been resident in China with my Chinese wife since November 2008, currently I am going through some health issues and in my opinon the only route for me to follow is via TCM after all it has been used for thousands of years and have total confidence in it.

Fred9

If it is proven effective then it should be available worldwide as alternative treatment.

GhostBuster

Probably most western educated or received western education minds would not be able to accept Traditional Chinese Medicine easily.

Fortunately, five thousand years of recorded Chinese civilization and the single nation with the largest population should speak loudest than anything else!

GhostBuster

Probably, one should look at the population in the world!

Had Traditional Chinese Medicine not cured so please explain how to sustain the largest single populous nation called CHINA!

Europe and North America combined population is still less than that of CHINA!

Till the excellent answer is found, please do not listen blindly and act with sheer stupidity!

Already one nation is paying with lives of its citizens with total number of deaths by COVID-19 more than that lost in supporting South Korea and South Vietnam! Probably, they have to change their names to SHEER STUPIDITY!

A very hungry caterpillar