Home / Forum / Free talk and fun

Are you willing to be vaccinated against Covid-19?

ceciliazhang

Oct 19, 2020, 14:25

Several cities in eastern China have been cautiously rolling out COVID-19 vaccines to the public for emergency use, which is limited to specific groups including workers and students who need to travel abroad. As Chinese vaccines are still in clinical trials, the scope of vaccination is limited to special groups in urgent need and not available to the general public, local officials and health workers told the Global Times on Sunday. 

After Jiaxing city in East China's Zhejiang Province announced on Thursday to gradually roll out COVID-19 vaccines for emergency use, covering ordinary people who voluntarily take the injections, more cities in the province began advancing the COVID-19 vaccination for urgent use, as the onset of the autumn-winter season raises the risks of respiratory diseases. 

Are you willing to be vaccinated if a Covid-19 vaccine is fully approved to be available to the general public?

4 2109
Fred9

The whole world is waiting for covid-19 vaccine from any country that can produce it, so it is not about willing or not willing.

ceciliazhang

I am willing to get a COVID-19 vaccination when one that proves to be safe and effective becomes available. What would daily life be like if people refused to be vaccinated? The virus could remain an ever-present problem for years. Social distancing and wearing masks in public could become the new norm. Students may continue to attend schools and universities only online. Cities and counties may try to reopen, but if infections and deaths resurge new lockdowns would ensue. 

emanreus

Indeed I'm so...

Chinese medicine after all been one step ahead of the West...

and will continue to be so...

A very hungry caterpillar

Although the vaccines are well expected, since it is still in the clinical trial process, I think the public should take a more cautious attitude towards the injection.