Author: futsanglung

Banking services   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-9-21 12:17:17 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2013-8-27 20:12
The bank on China in the UK has my first and second names transposed on all their paperwork, howev ...

Initials instead of my full name didn't work either when I transferred money from my UK account to a joint account with my wife in China. The expected me to contact the UK and ask them to verify that I was one and the same person despite the fact that I was the account holder of both the UK and the Chinese account. I told them that since they couldn't accept the money that they should return the money to the UK. They threatened me with bank charges. It took an hour of me beating them up before they agreed to bear the costs since they had accepted an identical transaction against that account in the past.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-9-21 12:21:33 |Display all floors
TedM Post time: 2016-9-17 07:38
Some improvements you mention are there, but the fact remains that in Chinese banks and post offic ...

1 hour is good - I suffered a 2 hour session this week.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-9-21 12:27:19 |Display all floors
TedM Post time: 2016-9-17 07:52
Successful business requires an amount of trust. China has a tradition of a lack of trust. Workers a ...

Posting a parcel wasn't that difficult but for several years it has become impossible to receive a parcel that has been despatched from outside of China. Nobody has ever been able to supply a definitive reason as to why despite the address being validated and working for Chinese courier parcels.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Valuable Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2016-9-21 13:45:32 |Display all floors
fatdragon Post time: 2016-9-21 12:17
Initials instead of my full name didn't work either when I transferred money from my UK account to ...

Here in China if you are bloody minded enough and are prepared to spend what feels like half a life time arguing your case the bank will often bend to your ideas, sadly I usually get fed up before it happens

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Valuable Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2016-9-21 13:46:06 |Display all floors
fatdragon Post time: 2016-9-21 12:21
1 hour is good - I suffered a 2 hour session this week.

Top tip, take a good book to read while waiting

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-9-21 13:47:34 |Display all floors
fatdragon Post time: 2016-9-21 12:27
Posting a parcel wasn't that difficult but for several years it has become impossible to receive a ...

Depends on where you are, in central Shanghai it is never a problem but out in the sticks it is a different story

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-9-21 15:33:46 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2016-9-21 13:46
Top tip, take a good book to read while waiting

There was no waiting, there never is but it took a lot of me getting angry at their error and getting them to accept the responsibility for it and take steps to correct the situation rather than just repeatedly trying to justify their position.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.