Author: futsanglung

Banking services   [Copy link] 中文

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2013-8-29 13:57:19 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Life is what you make of it

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Valuable Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-8-29 14:46:30 |Display all floors
DSseeing Post time: 2013-8-29 13:57
Commertial banks are better.
Government banks are usually arrogant

In China the non government banks have to fight for the trade while the government ones seem to collude with each other to keep up the levels of mediocrity.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-29 20:01:57 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2013-8-28 15:35
Bank workers are on well above the minimum wage!

and i dont think a bank teller makes that much even at a popular bank...and congrats on your winnin at CD  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-30 00:53:03 |Display all floors
RonJaDa Post time: 2013-8-27 11:16
Ok your complaint would ring better if you were talking about the requirement to show the passport.  ...
I find the service at Bank Of China to be on par with major western banks in Canada and the USA.  The length of time you wait depends on the day and the time of day you go.  The Bank of China has actually improved service with the take a number system that prevents you getting stuck in a line behind someone that is there for 30 - 45 minutes.  I have also been served by the VIP counter if there were no customers and I was the next number up.   I also like their scanners at the teller stations so the teller does not have to walk over to a copier and wait to use it.

I´ve noticed in most of threads that criticize something about China you tried to compare at same level and sometimes divert the topic to US, Canada and Western countries. And in this topic there is not comparison at all if we talk about services.

I was in the countries you mentioned and never ever I had hard times in US nor Canada banks in comparison with the hard times I have in China banks.

In US as I mentioned before the service are quick, accurate and simple. The waiting time to be attended is not  painful. Their employees are well trained that they can solve any inconvenient with a simple common sense and better criteria.

Well, the point is not US banks but because your post is tendentiously wrong  I had to clarify you that in this topic,

The only exceptions I´ve had a pleasent and good service were in the banks  located  in residential areas where the branchs most of the times are empty of customers.

Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-30 00:58:12 |Display all floors
grb Post time: 2013-8-27 14:45
I went to an ABC branch in Dongguan to transfer some money to the USA.  Since I wanted to send US$ ...
The whole process took me about 3 hours.  Ridiculous.

The maximum time I spent in ICBC was 2 hours.

Most of times I tried to go to the bank in the afternoon because if I go in the morning it will kill my whole day.
Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Valuable Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-9-6 11:10:04 |Display all floors
messi30 Post time: 2013-8-30 00:58
The maximum time I spent in ICBC was 2 hours.

Most of times I tried to go to the bank in the af ...

The best time to arrive is usually 8.55am and be first in the queue

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-9-13 10:08:24 |Display all floors
I remember going to a China Postal Bank, in Hangzhou, to send my sister some money by Western Union. I asked what the renminbi equivalent was to the amount I wanted to send, and was told I could not use renminbi because Chinese money was not allowed out of the country. They couldn't understand that Chinese money was given here, but Canadian money was dispensed in Canada. The money doesn't actually travel through the wires and come out the other end as renminbi. They actually believed that if I paid in renminbi, my sister in Vancouver would get renminbi. I just stood there and smfh.
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.