Author: futsanglung

Banking services   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-8-27 12:34:41 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2013-8-27 11:52
Not sure you can blame it on the party, it is more down to the we do not care about others attitud ...

To some extent, but SOE's are all controlled by the government, and if they wanted to improve they could.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-27 14:27:55 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2013-8-27 11:50
You must have an exceptional branch that you use.

The average wait at the BoC main branch in Pudo ...

Yes I guess you are right. I have been luckier than that at the Xiamen branches of BoC.

In Canada now some banks would charge $25 to print the statement, and the monthly fees annoy me more than the service issues.
Attitude : Life is 10 percent what happens to you,  and 90 percent how you react to it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-27 14:45:09 |Display all floors
messi30 Post time: 2013-8-26 20:19
Everytime I should go to the bank is a real punishment for me.
Same thing happens when I have to go  ...

I went to an ABC branch in Dongguan to transfer some money to the USA.  Since I wanted to send US$ I had to have US money to send.  The branch told me I had to go to another bank to exchange RMB for US$ since I did not have an account at ABC.  So off to another bank to stand in line for almost 1 hour to exchange money and then back to the ABC bank to send the Western Union.  They had a "automated" terminal to type in the Western Union info but a Chinese guy using the terminal had already spent 1 hour trying to do his.  After that you still have to go back to the teller, which means standing in line again.  The whole process took me about 3 hours.  Ridiculous.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Valuable Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-8-27 14:50:04 |Display all floors
RonJaDa Post time: 2013-8-27 14:27
Yes I guess you are right. I have been luckier than that at the Xiamen branches of BoC.

In Canada ...

One plus point with Chinese banks is that I am getting a much better interest rate on my savings than I do in the UK!

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Valuable Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-8-27 14:51:37 |Display all floors
grb Post time: 2013-8-27 14:45
I went to an ABC branch in Dongguan to transfer some money to the USA.  Since I wanted to send US$ ...

Why use Western Union, why not a direct bank transfer, it is easier.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-27 14:54:47 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2013-8-27 14:51
Why use Western Union, why not a direct bank transfer, it is easier.

I was sending cash to my son back in the USA and he lives in a small town and the small bank he uses does not accept international transfers.  And Western Union does not allow you send to send money on line if you are in China because of security reasons.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-27 14:59:17 |Display all floors
grb Post time: 2013-8-27 14:54
I was sending cash to my son back in the USA and he lives in a small town and the small bank he us ...

Maybe I do not understand US banks but in the UK all small towns have national banks and even if your account is in another town you can withdraw the money at any ATM owned by any bank.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.