Author: futsanglung

Banking services   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-8-27 11:11:10 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2013-8-27 11:07
True but it seems like they are not even trying.

Sad part is the majority of the Chinese people accept it as a way of life, because they know that the common citizen cannot do anything about it.  Typical Chinese mentality, "Ignore the problem and hope it goes away".

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-27 11:16:24 |Display all floors
This post was edited by RonJaDa at 2013-8-27 11:20

Ok your complaint would ring better if you were talking about the requirement to show the passport. From the Bank's point of view foreigners are suppose to carry their passport at all times so it should not be an unreasonable request.  That said there are a number of reasons people leave their passport locked in a secure place.

I find the service at Bank Of China to be on par with major western banks in Canada and the USA.  The length of time you wait depends on the day and the time of day you go.  The Bank of China has actually improved service with the take a number system that prevents you getting stuck in a line behind someone that is there for 30 - 45 minutes.  I have also been served by the VIP counter if there were no customers and I was the next number up.   I also like their scanners at the teller stations so the teller does not have to walk over to a copier and wait to use it.

The passport issue only caught me off guard when I got a new passport and they insisted on me showing the old one or a picture of it in order to change my profile.  Fortunately I had a picture of it on my computer otherwise I would have had to open a new account.  I am extremely pleased with the professionalism and service that I get when I go to the Bank Of China.  Now most of the time I just use the ATM s.
Attitude : Life is 10 percent what happens to you,  and 90 percent how you react to it.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Valuable Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-8-27 11:32:41 |Display all floors
grb Post time: 2013-8-27 11:11
Sad part is the majority of the Chinese people accept it as a way of life, because they know that  ...

This is because they have known nothing else so they have nothing to compare it to.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-27 11:33:32 |Display all floors
This post was edited by grb at 2013-8-27 11:34
futsanglung Post time: 2013-8-27 11:32
This is because they have known nothing else so they have nothing to compare it to.

Exactly.  And that is the way the CCP wants it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-27 11:37:57 |Display all floors
RonJaDa Post time: 2013-8-27 11:16
Ok your complaint would ring better if you were talking about the requirement to show the passport.  ...

You got lucky!  Not all BOC branches are like that!  Depends on what city you are in and what branch you go to in that city.  

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Valuable Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-8-27 11:50:21 |Display all floors
RonJaDa Post time: 2013-8-27 11:16
Ok your complaint would ring better if you were talking about the requirement to show the passport.  ...

You must have an exceptional branch that you use.

The average wait at the BoC main branch in Pudong Shanghai is 40 minutes, the average time to conduct any transaction is over 10 minutes.

In both the UK and Europe I have never waited longer than 10 minutes to be served and no transaction has taken longer than 5 minutes.

Regarding the passport issue, it is 35 degrees at the moment in Shanghai, I do not wear a coat or carry a handbag, where am i meant to keep my passport? I wanted a printed statement, they refused but allowed me to withdraw money without my passport. Where is the logic in that?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-27 11:52:08 |Display all floors
grb Post time: 2013-8-27 11:33
Exactly.  And that is the way the CCP wants it.

Not sure you can blame it on the party, it is more down to the we do not care about others attitude.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.