Views: 44728|Replies: 153

Banking services   [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Valuable Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Valuable Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-8-26 19:31:03 |Display all floors
In the West we consider that banks belong to the service sector of business.

If this is also the case in China then why do Chinese banks offer such a poor customer services to all their long suffering patrons?

Today I had cause to visit a major branch of the Bank of China as I needed a printed bank statement and despite having my bank cards which have my signature on and having a PIN nimber to go with the card the bank would not issue a printed statement without me showing my passport ( which I was not crrying at the time ). I had other bank cards and my Chinese driving licence with me to back up my identity but there was no reasoning with the bank staff as " rules are rules ".

This is not an isolated incident and it is not unusual to have to wait over half an hour to conduct a simple transaction, this would not be tolerated in most countries.

It is about time that the Chinese banks invested some of their huge profits in updating their systems and in learning how to look after all those people that gave them the profits in the first place.

Relevant post

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-26 20:19:38 |Display all floors
Everytime I should go to the bank is a real punishment for me.
Same thing happens when I have to go to  postal office for using of western union services.
Most countries don¨t have that tedious services. In US and in Latinamerica the bank services are very simple, accurate and faster.

I don´t understand why a customer has to fill so many forms and the process of identification is really annoying. The driver license is a official identification but its useless in a bank transaction.
Long time ago I posted a thread asking Where those papers goes? in reference of the ton of forms a customer has to fill in it.

Three years ago I wanted to withdraw dollars from my ICBC account in Guangzhou but the teller told me because my account was opened in Shanghai it was impossible to get my dollars unless I open a new account with them, I told them why to open an account if i don¨t live in Gz, I was visiting the Canton Fair and that´s it but the manager told me it´s not possible.

In US and Latinamerica if you want to withdraw money in local currency or dollars, you can do it in any state or province without any problem. Also for Western Union services is provided in any authorized store or supermarket or newstand just showing your ID, that´s it, simple.

Anyway, the list of complaints could be very long but I hope the banks use a better common sense, better criteria and to do some changes to improve their services. There is a lot of money to do it, just they should put the hands on it.
Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Valuable Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-8-27 10:38:50 |Display all floors
messi30 Post time: 2013-8-26 20:19
Everytime I should go to the bank is a real punishment for me.
Same thing happens when I have to go  ...

One of my biggest complaints is the number of times they count the money before they give it to you and then use the calculator to add it up!

WHY!!!!!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-27 10:43:40 |Display all floors
Because they are all State owned and like all other SOE's they pride themselves in poor customer service.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-27 10:52:16 |Display all floors
grb Post time: 2013-8-27 10:43
Because they are all State owned and like all other SOE's they pride themselves in poor customer ser ...

I could not work for such an organisation, my sense of pride in doing a good job would cause me to argue with the management too often

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-27 10:56:06 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2013-8-27 10:52
I could not work for such an organisation, my sense of pride in doing a good job would cause me to ...

China has a long, long way to go if it wants to improve the service sector.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-27 11:07:34 |Display all floors
grb Post time: 2013-8-27 10:56
China has a long, long way to go if it wants to improve the service sector.

True but it seems like they are not even trying.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.