Views: 1787|Replies: 4

Picturing my dream [Copy link] 中文

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2013-8-7 23:15:27 |Display all floors
Located in the remote mountain areas of Guizhou Province in southwest China, Pengzhai Primary School has only four classes, from grade three to six. Most of its pupils are left-behind children, whose parents went to the cities in search of better job opportunities. They study in classrooms with rundown desks and chairs and without electric lighting. This July, a group of teaching volunteers from Tsinghua University, Guizhou University, Xueersi Education Group and club members from Paizhe.com visited the school and launched the public service program entitled "The One Class" there. They brought pupils colorful cameras, taught them how to use the machines and inspired them to capture the beautiful scenery in their mind on film. For the first time ever, the children's dreams became tangible. Through their lenses, we can now see a different world.
Following is the photo album of the pupils and their artworks of beauty.

Ma Juxian, 4th grade. Her parents are working in the city. Grandma has to do the farm work and therefore this pretty girl has to carry her two-year-old brother to school every day. After school, she takes care of her little brother and helps her grandmother make dinner. When asked what her favorite thing was, she answered without hesitation, "My brother!" (Source: china.org.cn)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-7 23:22:50 |Display all floors

Ma Juxian's work: "My brother, Ma Jubo."  (Source: china.org.cn)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-7 23:24:00 |Display all floors

Ma Lingtong, 9, Hui Minority, 3rd grade. Ma is considered the naughtiest boy in school. His elder sister is a freshman in a high school of Shuicheng County and holds the highest educational degree in the village. Ma's dream is to be a teacher. (Source: china.org.cn)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-7 23:25:57 |Display all floors

Ma Lingtong's work: "My teacher has class."  (Source: china.org.cn)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-7 23:26:16 |Display all floors

Ma Lilang, 8, Hui Minority, 3rd grade. Ma is quiet and seldom smiles. Her father was sentenced to life in prison for murder during a robbery two months before she was born. Her mother remarried soon after her birth. Little Lilang has to live with her grandmother on potatoes and a minimum relief fund. Not long ago, her house collapsed and Lilang now has to stay in her Aunt's house. She said she had never thought about her dreams. (Source: china.org.cn)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.