Author: UYA

My Chinese experience: Moral lapse   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-6-29 07:10:49 |Display all floors
hate crimes against asians dont even get reported in the us. its become the norm here. so is killing chinese all over the world.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-29 08:26:25 |Display all floors
Newtown Post time: 2013-6-28 23:23
So basically you are not your brother's keeper, you have absolutely no faith in the notion of bein ...

Look mate, you could spend a year going back and fourth on this. So lets just wrap it up. In a perfect world your religious nonsense may be true but the world is not a perfect place and far far from it. Going back to the poor woman and her kid getting attacked, almost certinally the fella going at her will have known her and you know the truth is that by getting involved your foreigner boyo WILL have made life worse for her. You can complain about what other people do or dont do, fair enough but the point im trying to make is that you cant just waltz into someone elses country and start making assumptions. Look at where we are in the middle east with the shameless assumptions Americans made and still are making about middle-eastern countries. For example if you ever asked a woman wearing a burka or covered-up why she wears it, she will very proudly say absolutely, its my tradition and means alot to me. Not a case of idiots with no understanding of their culture spouting rubbish about women being oppressed.

Not your culture, not your country, not your place as i'll say again and again your a guest. (And wherever the little fella is that started the post rest easy in the fact that the poor woman and little girl most likely had a much worse evening than you can imagine)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-29 08:44:30 |Display all floors
yasawakic Post time: 2013-6-28 23:36
In some countrie, if you don"t help someone who risk to be killed, then you are the criminal: we ca ...

Listen boyo, first calm yourself. You talk about some pretty greusome stuff here and i imagine you have no idea of this sort of thing and spend far too long daydreaming. Now frankly this is none of your fekking buisness child but i did grow up surrounded by violence and mayhem, monthly riots, petrol bombs, police batting kids and dragging fella's behind landrovers to be beaten within an inch of their lives. Teenage years where if you left the estate you'd be lucky to get back over the bridge without some nutcase chasing you with an iron-pole. Was bottled countless times (Two for sticking my nose where it didnt belong - smacked a fella who had just headbutted his gf, he fully busted her nose, then while was gripping your mans throat, the girl, her face pouring blood from her boyfriend smashed a bottle over my head). There was also a very lucky catch that near took me fingers off on another occassion. Used to get my head kicked in walking to school from 12 year old because i was from an estate that was meant to be another religion. You know sht boy, you can pretend your some macho maggot but at the end of the day your just a sad little boy with too much testosterone. Now once you experience the real world, and the consequences for either getting involved in 'violent' situations or having people involve themselves in 'violent' situations which lead to you getting another six boots in head, you might grow up and think a little more rationaly.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Valuable Member Medal

Post time 2013-6-29 08:55:29 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-6-27 23:17
You would immediately fall through the cracks in the Chinese moral fibre with your immoral views o ...

You're always good for a laugh.. thinking you know what the Chinese believe.
Maybe if you once visited there you'd know China a little better.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-29 08:55:59 |Display all floors
yasawakic Post time: 2013-6-28 23:36
In some countrie, if you don"t help someone who risk to be killed, then you are the criminal: we ca ...

Also we not talking about 'rape' or 'car accidents' here, this is about sticking your nose into 'violent' situations that are not your own. Thats a very specific category.

And ontop of that 'my' mother and 'my' sisters are 'my' responsibilty. So of course 'I' would get involved.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-29 08:58:59 |Display all floors
I live in China, I've lived here for years and i certinaly do not assume to either fully understand or comprehend Chinese culture. I dont make statements about Cultures i dont understand, its not my place. Im talking about my own culture and no other buddy.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-29 10:34:49 |Display all floors
Tomson57 Post time: 2013-6-29 08:55
Also we not talking about 'rape' or 'car accidents' here, this is about sticking your nose into 'v ...

"And ontop of that 'my' mother and 'my' sisters are 'my' responsibilty. So of course 'I' would get involved. "

There lies the simple contradiction in your argument. You state that you would get involved to protect your mother and sisters from physical harm. But what if you were not there ? The physical harm would be done to your family members and you would have to say - from your own recommendations - that that is fine because you wouldn't expect any foreigners ( if they were present ) to become involved.

The upshot would be the actual bodily harm done to these people that you love plus the glib self- satisfaction that no-one else crossed the line of cultural mores that you have drawn into the sand. You want to "stick your nose in" but others are not entitled to do the same thing according to your principles.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.