Author: UYA

My Chinese experience: Moral lapse   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-6-28 11:52:24 |Display all floors
UYA Post time: 2013-6-16 05:54
even in public housing....
people in the west would stop a helpless girl from being killed needles ...

You know, this kind of stuff happens EVERYWHERE. And every time it happens, people wring their hands, saying, "How could this have happened?"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-28 14:26:20 |Display all floors
This post was edited by greendragon at 2013-7-1 13:41

"solution completed in 2008"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-28 17:31:03 |Display all floors
I guess two "Wongs" don't make a Mr Right.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-28 17:37:10 |Display all floors
Tomson57 Post time: 2013-6-28 10:53
...'Oh, your such a hero!'

Wise up you fool, your a guest, in a country that is not your own. Never ...

Sure, definitely, and wouldn't it be great if the woman and child were your immediate family members and you could happily attend their funerals knowing that a foreigner never bothered to stick his nose into other people's business. Good thinking 99.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-28 19:28:49 |Display all floors
It's not your place. You can't fully assess the situation, and then 99% of the time your making things more difficult. In fact from experience in these situations, the woman will be more likely to stand up and hit you with the chair than her attacker. Generally speaking she probably doesnt have to live with you and suffer constant domestic abuse, then how will you help her? Should you kill a wolf thats going to eat a baby deer? You just dont know and its annoying how our cultures somehow make us think that we are all so goddamn almighty that everyones buisness is our own. Its not. I'm sick of expats, living in china, spouting self-sanctified nonsense about affairs they simply dont understand. More often than nots its because you've been brought up in the American sanctimonious bubble, where no one really admits the way the world works yet somehow feel compelled to imply some sort of all knowing, omnipotent understanding of the universe.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-28 23:23:42 |Display all floors
Tomson57 Post time: 2013-6-28 19:28
It's not your place. You can't fully assess the situation, and then 99% of the time your making thin ...

So basically you are not your brother's keeper, you have absolutely no faith in the notion of being a good Samaritan, and Chinese are much better at assessing the situation in their own country such as glibly walking past a child run-over on the street, or taking photos of people as they drown but never contemplating their rescue. Make sure you tell the firefighters to move their safety net out of the way next time you dive out of a burning building. You wouldn't want to annoy them or to make life more difficult for them, would you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-28 23:36:23 |Display all floors
This post was edited by yasawakic at 2013-6-28 23:41
Tomson57 Post time: 2013-6-28 19:28
It's not your place. You can't fully assess the situation, and then 99% of the time your making thin ...

In some countrie, if you don"t help someone who risk to be killed, then you are the criminal: we call this "no help to a person who is in danger"

"99% of the time your making things more difficult"

Sht! I cannot swallow this sht! when there is an accident in the street, nobody help, people that can be rescued just die in their bloodbath! or this little girl agonizing in the street, what fcking world are you living in? you pretend critic foreigner who helps when meet such situation! sht! we truely have some piece of trash on cd forrum, for true!

Next time if it's your mother or your sister who is raped or agressed, will you swallow "oh, I didnt helped because I didnt wanted to make things more difficult"...what a degenerated logic is in your brain: exactly like animals, like beast, exactly.

There is a big gap between a foreigner who doesnt understand a situation, and make understand a man that beating a woman it's no. Yo justify an unacceptable violence with stupid xenophobic reason (I say xenophobic, because I never, never never read a chinese accept the fact that some foreigner can udnerstand china better than them, that's the arrogance summit).

Sorry, you can just looking as a coward a man who use his force to beat a woman, but for me it's no and it's not a problem to be arrested by uncompetent police: it's a question of respect and honnor: a man who beat a woman just deserve a lesson. No need to know if the woman is bad or good or A+B.

these cowards who thin they can beat women has always a "good reason" to explain, but the only reason is that: men don't beat women that's something that cannot be discussed.

Your justification are just makes me puking. you're truely a shame for china.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.