Author: voice_cd

In memory of the Wenchuan earthquake   [Copy link] 中文

Medal of honor July's Best Contributor 2012 August's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2013-4-12 15:29:31 |Display all floors
This post was edited by aziz at 2013-4-12 13:31

Everyday during the rescue services I use to copy so many images.My hard drive contain all those pics been damaged by computer service center.

A hand is out the debrise shocked me.

A man get stuck under a beam drinking juice.

A  beautiful young woman sitting stunned near his husbands deadbody among other hundreds piledup in a line.

All my sorrow and tears shaded for those who will never returned in our planet.Still a nightmare haunt me all the time.

I had taken your food and support for sometime in my life.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-12 15:53:11 |Display all floors
Hongbai town in Sichuan

The photos I took this year
IMG_6626.jpg

IMG_6625.jpg

IMG_6627.jpg

After the earthquake struck

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-4-13 08:59:14 |Display all floors
I was in Sydney at the time of the Wenchaun Earthquake in 2008. I'd arrived there from Los Angeles after nearly 7 months of travelling (read work).  I was in Hospital at the time with a horribly infected right leg as a result of a spider bite some months earlier in Botswana.

I can clearly recall that I was online, on QQ and chatting with a friend in Chengdu at around 14:30 hours who simply said "big Earthquake" and the connection went down. While surfing the net on my notebook for news I was calling up friends on a Sydney Metro Daily Newspaper and swapping information, not that there was a lot to be had in the first 15 to 20 minutes. I recall visiting the USGC website and there is was, a massive earthquake in Sichaun... my heart sank as a lot of friends of mine come from and live in the province.

While all of this was going on I kept having mental flashbacks to Bande Arche and the Tsunami in Indonesia which was the worst devastation I'd ever seen first hand.

The next few hours were a hive of activity as I surfed the net for information and tried to contact friends in Sichaun and elsewhere to find out if they were safe. I really didn't know much for some days and was later to learn that a friend and her family were killed in the quake which saddened me terribly and as the news came in each day and the footage was shown.

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2013-4-15 04:35:21 |Display all floors
it's so hard to imagine what it's like to have something like that happen to YOU....
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-16 17:31:27 |Display all floors
Recently I have been to Wenchuan, now Wenchuan has developed, very beautiful, Wenchuan to Chengdu highway opened,The new road two is opened, the traffic is very convenient.
1364987474936.jpg
Originally I was a first time to learn English,So, a lot of ways can't work the application of the BBS,So I really need the help of friends, I hope t ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-16 19:24:56 |Display all floors
I have been to Wenchuan, a few days ago
Originally I was a first time to learn English,So, a lot of ways can't work the application of the BBS,So I really need the help of friends, I hope t ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-16 21:27:35 |Display all floors
Any man or woman's death diminishes me for just as they I am a part of mankind.
God Bless the people of Wenchuan

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.