Author: UYA

The Party needs to be preserved   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-2-7 23:17:21 |Display all floors
linlinlinlin Post time: 2013-2-7 02:47
You have my respect. It's rare to see an American who are really trying to know China  instead of  ...

To me, it makes no sense to judge China by western standards. Your culture is different from ours. I will state that there are certain standards that I would consider universal, but China is nowhere near crossing those lines.

Our cultures are different. I feel that the USA and China have much to learn from each other. That, to me, is a foundation for a long and good friendship.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2013-2-11 02:14:59 |Display all floors
soapdodger Post time: 2013-2-5 21:03
If this is your view, then clearly you haven't been reading and/or informed about what actually ha ...

Are you still trying to paint the USA as a nation of free speech while the people in China are repressed.
When will you wake up to the fact that even harmless Occupy Wall Street protesters were beaten and jailed?
If your idea of 'expressing views' is actively participating in a mob bent of over throwing the government
then good luck on the type of free speech succeeding in any nation on earth. It certainly won't fly in the USA.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-11 02:27:38 |Display all floors
tradervic Post time: 2013-2-6 07:07
Hm...  let me think...  From an old, local perspective - I can think of the Detroit Metro Times:

You can find anything you want if you look hard enough.
You miss the point that the China Daily is the most major news publication in China and is willfully
sponsoring this forum where western propagandists and hate mongers  can throw anything they want toward China and the Chinese government. The only thing that might be equivalent in the USA would
be the Washington Post or the New York Times. Both are run by the families of filthy rich, privileged few.
They aren't about sponsor a similar internet forum as this. They protect the government, the government
protects them. The rest of the 99% have to work to support all this corruption. That is capitalism.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-11 02:34:45 |Display all floors
Uncle_Pang Post time: 2013-2-10 10:25
I doubt more than a handful the nitwits here ever bothered to read anything more than two sentence ...

They are programmed well. From kindergarten they were told "the US good, communists bad".
Makes you wonder what might have become of them if they were allowed to have a mind of their own.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-11 13:25:04 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2013-2-10 12:27
You can find anything you want if you look hard enough.
You miss the point that the China Daily is ...

... that the majority of the Chinese readers that do come to this website usually stay in the Chinese Language forums and threads.  What 'shenanigans' that do occur on the English side (which remind me too much of the infamous 'Wai-Wai' Section of the Daily Mainchi Online Newspaper in Japan), are not disseminated that well or that all by those Chinese that do wander in.  If they really did - then most of these forums would have been sanitized months or years ago - much like what finally happened at the Daily Mainchi.

OR...  the amount of vitriol and venom that is spewed is used by the fine folks at the CCP to remind their membership how decedent and corrupt the world really is, when given a pulpit to talk from.
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-12 11:26:54 |Display all floors
tradervic Post time: 2013-2-10 21:25
... that the majority of the Chinese readers that do come to this website usually stay in the Chin ...

This is a showcase for anyone in China wanting to sample a bit of western propaganda put forth by some
of the most ignorant, bigoted capitalist stooges on earth. We can agree on that at least.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-12 15:03:16 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2013-2-12 11:26
This is a showcase for anyone in China wanting to sample a bit of western propaganda put forth by  ...

Ywan, sratched record!

What would you know about China except for a few short vacays and words from those who love it sooo much, that they left!!!!!

All you have is........nothing really Robbo, more fool you!

As for the party, I said in an earlier post that while I do not support a one party state, right now, I can see no viable option for china. In the future, who knows but that's for the Chinese people to decide, not those of us who aren't Chinese.

It happened in the USSR and while there arent many parallels, the one prty system is the only one, relevant to this thread, that counts.

On another note: happy Chinese New Year to your lady.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.