Views: 18081|Replies: 44

The INTERNET safe practices thread. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-11-21 15:45:05 |Display all floors
I think it's TIMELY for SMALL ENTREPREUNERS to educate themselves against the dangers of the CYBERWORLD, and privacy intrusions.

Any interested party to discuss.

It might be a HUGE INDUSTRY for China.

Cheerios!

Green DRagon
Home Guards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-21 22:00:49 |Display all floors
I think it's TIMELY for SMALL ENTREPREUNERS to educate themselves against the dangers of the CYBERWORLD, and privacy intrusions.

THAT'S what I've been telling my clients for years, but they wouldn't listen until they have a security breach and face according problems

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-22 03:21:59 |Display all floors

It's most important where own innovation is concerned and has to be protected from technology theft - so  most chinese companies should be rather safe.
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-22 03:24:09 |Display all floors
Everynowhere Post time: 2012-11-21 22:00
THAT'S what I've been telling my clients for years, but they wouldn't listen until they have a sec ...

You mean the data that got onto certain discs that somehow landed in safes of state attorneys of NRW?
Those security leaks were human, and btw. thanks very much for them.
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-22 05:47:25 |Display all floors
You mean the data that got onto certain discs that somehow landed in safes of state attorneys of NRW?
Those security leaks were human, and btw. thanks very much for them.

If the banks were among my clients, I'd be driving a larger car...
But, in my opinion, those data leaks weren't human at all. The people who downloaded this data did not have anything to do with the datasets, they should not have had access to them. I am far from satisfied with banking privacy in Europe, including Switzerland, and therefore do consider England, Delaware (US), Hong Kong or Singapore as alternatives, as these places still have reliable privacy policies (in the US only if you are a foreigner, that is).

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-22 17:41:06 |Display all floors
Everynowhere Post time: 2012-11-22 05:47
If the banks were among my clients, I'd be driving a larger car...
But, in my opinion, those data  ...

I used to work for a small crafts business in service industry.
and even we had individual user permissions, including the use of usb.
I once learnt from someone else, that for the sake of convenience,
they were using super permissions for just anyone working there.
I mean, then it's not even only privacy.
Just imagine somebody with no clue about it accidently uses writing access in the ERP Software,
and all financial records are messed up.
And that was in a young company working with a precious innovation!
WHUT?
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-22 22:22:22 |Display all floors
Just imagine somebody with no clue about it accidently uses writing access in the ERP Software,
and all financial records are messed up.

Welcome to the marvellous world of Avalon and SAP, where anything is possible - including stealing the data of other people!
When they taught us SAP, I managed to lock the professor out of the system because of the security flaws that were so obvious

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.