Views: 1632|Replies: 1

Will Mo Yan get Nobel Prize for Literature? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-10-9 11:16:51 |Display all floors

According to AFP, either Mo Yan or Japanese writer Hakuri Murakami will likely receive the prize, while odds released by online gambling company Unibet favor Mo as the winner, followed by Murakami.

I do hope Mr Mo could get the honor, it’s a good thing, right? It proves that the world recognize Chinese Literature despite of the obstacle of the language.

However, I doubt that do foreigners really know about Chinese literature, no matter classic or current?  Could they really appreciate the essence of literature, or just feel it’s exotic or funny?

So I have questions for the members who come from abroad, do you really have an idea on Chinese literature, what’s your favorite Chinese wrter or work?

I'll really appreicate if you asked my question.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Mo's most well-known work 'Red Sorghum' was made into movie by Zhang Yimou

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-9 14:33:33 |Display all floors
I can list several names of foreign writers, like Shakespeare, Charles Dickens, Hemingway,{:soso_e113:}

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.