Author: AmishMike

'Most Harmonious Nation'   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-12-22 21:08:24 |Display all floors
Prometheus2 Post time: 2012-12-22 20:59
"I would like to retire to North Korea to live out the remainder of my life."

Will you, or are yo ...

Easy there Prometheus2. I thought the cold war was over ;)

If lau_guan_kim would like to live in north korea when he retires what skin is it off your nose? You can live where you want to and he can go there....if they will take him.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-22 21:14:50 |Display all floors
wasabiwasabi Post time: 2012-10-25 07:11
Its all about creating permanent hot spots regions, one in Korea pennisula and one in MiddleEast;

China is the one that likes the Korean hotspot. A united powerful Korea with good relations with the West is certainly not preferential to the buffer state of North Korea which forever keeps Japan, U.S and South Korea on its toes. North Korea, with Stalin and Mao's backing, invaded South Korea so it wasn't the U.S that created the hotspot. Its sad some Chinese try and shift the blame for the problem China under Mao helped create. Your petty nationalism wont let you see this so you will continue to believe all the wrongs of North Korea are because of the Western interference. Get your head out of the CPC's lap. They made a mistake in supporting an insane family of dictators. Acknowledge this, rather than make up excuses to suit your nationalism.
I may disagree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - Voltaire

The secret of freedom lies in educating people, whereas the secret of tyranny is in keeping them
ignora

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-22 21:19:03 |Display all floors
HardTruth Post time: 2012-12-22 21:08
Easy there Prometheus2. I thought the cold war was over ;)

If lau_guan_kim would like to live in  ...

Oh terrible me. I didn't realise the cold war was over so I thought North Korea was still not a nice place to live. Funny how just becuase the cold war ends North Korea turns into a paradise to live. Are you going to live their seeing as the cold war is finished and its now a paradise?

I may disagree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - Voltaire

The secret of freedom lies in educating people, whereas the secret of tyranny is in keeping them
ignora

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-22 21:20:27 |Display all floors
Prometheus2 Post time: 2012-12-22 21:14
China is the one that likes the Korean hotspot. A united powerful Korea with good relations with t ...

"Good relations with the west" Thats the sticky point isn't it. Actually countries in Asia don't have good relations with Imperialists like the US. They are client states which do their master's bidding.

The "problem" in Korea is that the DPRK is a free and sovereign nation that makes its own foreign policy and has the military strength to defend itself against Imperialism. Since it does not bow to the demands of the US it has been singled out as a "threat" and is constantly barraged with propaganda and economic embargo. The embargo against the DPRK is even more harmful than the anti-Cuban embargo carried out unilaterally by the US even though the UN has condemned its actions.

So please don't try to paint the DPRK and China as criminals when the evidence against the US and its cronies is overwhelming.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-22 21:22:35 |Display all floors
Prometheus2 Post time: 2012-12-22 21:19
Oh terrible me. I didn't realise the cold war was over so I thought North Korea was still not a ni ...

Easy there friend, no need for sarcasm. You appear to be on an anti-communist crusade instead of simply accepting that some people would like to live in a different kind of society to you. There is no need to take it personally and write snarky replies ;)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-22 21:34:13 |Display all floors
HardTruth Post time: 2012-12-22 21:20
"Good relations with the west" Thats the sticky point isn't it. Actually countries in Asia don't h ...

"Since it does not bow to the demands of the US it has been singled out as a "threat" and is constantly barraged with propaganda and economic embargo."

Hmm, only North Korea and Burma in Asia had sanctions placed against them. Does this mean all other nations are not free and sovereign but controlled by the U.S?

btw, North Korea has a 'juche' policy of self reliance so sanctions shouldn't change much.

"Actually countries in Asia don't have good relations with Imperialists like the US."

Make me a list of nations.

"So please don't try to paint the DPRK and China as criminals when the evidence against the US and its cronies is overwhelming."

China must be filled with criminals. Why are there such high rates of immigration to the U.S from China if they are criminals? Why are North Koreans forced back by China into North Korea? Why does China and North Korea have to stop them?

ignora

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-22 21:36:58 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Writer's real name is Lau Guan Kim.  lau_guan_kim is for commentary and analysis. He writes also under another alter ego jinseng. I will respond to good reasoned debate. Mudslingers shall be ignored. What I do not like are ignorance, stupidity, chauvinism and bigotry. The other party has as much right as I have until it resorts to insults and nuisance.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.