Author: UYA

"The American Dream" a myth   [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Valuable Member Medal

Post time 2012-6-12 13:03:04 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2012-6-11 21:00
people become revolutionaries when they have a vision.......................................:victo ...

What a bit of tripe.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-12 13:16:43 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2012-6-12 08:52
In the USA only the fat cats can make money. Ordinary citizens are helpless pawns.
Don't let anyone  ...

"In the USA only the fat cats can make money. Ordinary citizens are helpless pawns.
Don't let anyone fool you. Capitalism is only good for the obscenely rich."

You seem to have done alright in the USA.
"A king ceases to be a king, and degenerates into a tyrant, as soon as he leaves off to rule according to his laws." King James 1 in 1603.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Valuable Member Medal

Post time 2012-6-12 13:18:09 |Display all floors
drwatson Post time: 2012-6-11 21:16
"In the USA only the fat cats can make money. Ordinary citizens are helpless pawns.
Don't let anyo ...

Really? How would you know?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-12 14:45:42 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2012-6-12 13:18
Really? How would you know?

Becoz you've more or else presented a potted history here on the boards of your life so far.

Engineer, divorced, embittered, now hating the system, hating western women as money grabbers, got yourself a mail order wife, and soon going to retire on your ill-gotten capitalist wealth in China.

But still, the American system allowed you to live life such that you can travel to the far east on holidays, can afford to get married again, and retire overseas. Sounds like the US system worked for you (even if you hate it).
"A king ceases to be a king, and degenerates into a tyrant, as soon as he leaves off to rule according to his laws." King James 1 in 1603.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-12 14:47:26 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2012-6-12 12:48
China has always taken care of its people. The only interruptions being caused by western imperial ...
  1. The average person is China has progressed far, far more in the past 20 years than those in the west.
  2. You can't argue with truth.
Copy code
it is globalisation with supply chain management, computers, internet, face book.

China got nothing, only eat Red books without foreign input.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-12 14:49:41 |Display all floors
drwatson Post time: 2012-6-12 14:45
Becoz you've more or else presented a potted history here on the boards of your life so far.

Engi ...

Dr. Watson should stick to racist jokes - anything more serious is not your style.  Or to be brutally frank, you are simply out of your depth.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-12 15:20:24 |Display all floors
ktbond Post time: 2012-6-12 14:49
Dr. Watson should stick to racist jokes - anything more serious is not your style.  Or to be bruta ...

and you got new stories on the robber tyrant?
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.