Author: UYA

My Qingming story....   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-4-6 00:12:37 |Display all floors
If you draw your own circle, the "money" you burn will go to your intended person/people. There are many people doing it at the same time so the circle helps. Common logic does not apply in the spiritual realm.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-6 00:44:00 |Display all floors
UYA Post time: 2012-4-5 10:59
Can you (or anyone) explain the "steps" to burn paper?
Last night I bought some paper and saw a ma ...

I will not call your words a story, but rather recounting the way it happened and I want to add this to your own ideas. I was not close to my father, both in growing up and in later life after I left home, however when he was terminal I went round for a family meal and I did something that even I did not expect.

As he sat there looking frail I greeted him with a normal handshake and then kissed him on the forehead. This surprised even me. Some few hours later on leaving I thought about that and believed that I had been very strange in that action and would not do it on leaving. When I said goodbye as he sat in the chair, I did it again. I shook his hand and kissed him on the head. He died that evening after I left and I felt that for some reason those unusual actions had given me closure and I was not distressed about him going.

The odd thing was that at that time I was desperate for a change of life and had been in a rut for years. Within one week of his demise everything I wanted happened and I still have that now. No, it was not wealth but something more fulfilling, spiritual and human. Even I am surprised when I look at those ideas and maybe there is something after life. I thank you for your record of your own events, very inspiring.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor July's Best Writer 2012 June's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-4-6 10:10:29 |Display all floors
adolphus Post time: 2012-4-6 00:44
I will not call your words a story, but rather recounting the way it happened and I want to add th ...

Thank you for your sharing your experience.

I was not really that close to my father too (my mother ran the house). But I did respect the man. He was a banker and helped many Chinese people get loans for a home, he was very well respected in the Chinese community. At his funeral over 200+ people came to pay their respects (and he was not very social). As he got older, I found more appreciation for him. Many of my Chinese clients knew him (we share the same name) and they ALL had nice things to say about him.

I'm glad you found the same inspiration I did in these events

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-9 00:26:05 |Display all floors

RE: My Qingming story....

Chinese people commemorate martyrs onTomb-sweeping Day

(Xinhua)08:44,      April 05, 2012

A relative sweeps a name wall of martyrs at a martyr cemetery in Chongqing Municipality, southwest China, April 4, 2010, the Chinese traditional Qingming Festival, or Tomb-sweeping Day. (Xinhua/Li Jian)

Wang Wenjing (Front), a martyr relative, pays her respect at a martyr cemetery in Chongqing Municipality, southwest China, April 4, 2010, the Chinese traditional Qingming Festival, or Tomb-sweeping Day. (Xinhua/Li Jian)

A mother talks to her kid in front of a name wall of martyrs at a martyr cemetery in Harbin, capital of northeast China's Heilongjiang Province, April 4, 2010, the Chinese traditional Qingming Festival, or Tomb-sweeping Day. (Xinhua/Wang Jianwei)

Students pay respect to General Zhu Rui in front of his tomb in Harbin, capital of northeast China's Heilongjiang Province, April 4, 2010, the Chinese traditional Qingming Festival, or Tomb-sweeping Day. (Xinhua/Wang Jianwei)

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-9 11:50:37 |Display all floors
Illegal tombs occupy ancient prince mausoleum

2012-4-4  |     ONLINE EDITION

A stone sculpture of an ancient Chinese scholar at the site of the ancient Mausoleum of Prince Jingjiang at the foot of Yao Mountain in southern China Guilin City overlooks on the endless rolls of illegal tombs yesterday prior the Qingming Festival, the tomb sweeping day, China's traditional festival of remembering the dead, which falls today this year. Local people have illegally built a total of 60,000 tombs in the past decade inside the mausoleum site, occupying one fourth of the area and seriously damaging its environment. The mausoleum dated back to the 14th Century in Ming Dynasty is a royal burial ground where 11 princes, their princesses and generals of the Ming Dynasty imperial troops were buried. Covering more than 8 square kilometers, it is under the State protection decree for highly treasured historical relics.

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor July's Best Writer 2012 June's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-4-10 12:25:49 |Display all floors
huaqiao Post time: 2012-4-6 00:12
If you draw your own circle, the "money" you burn will go to your intended person/people. There are  ...

Thanks for the "procedures". I will remember that next year.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-12 17:22:44 |Display all floors
UYA Post time: 2012-4-5 10:59
Can you (or anyone) explain the "steps" to burn paper?
Last night I bought some paper and saw a ma ...

I thought burning joss papers on the street is when one of his family members or himself is sick!!! We do that here to ward off the evil sickness!!!

At the tomb, 1st arrange the candles, joss sticks, joss papers, tea,fruits or foods at the Earth God altar!!!
After light up the candles!!! Light up the joss sticks & says your prayers. At the end offer the tea & fruits to the Earth God!!! After 1/2 hour or so, you can burn the joss papers as offerings...

After that proceed similar steps to your beloved deceased.......

Drawing a circle is something new to me!!! If we offer a box of glod,paper money,etc......we will write deceased name on a piece of yellow paper with the date & stick to the box. The deceased willl surely receive them in the afterworld
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.