- Registration time
- Last login
- Online time
- 17 Hour
- Reading permission
This post was edited by happytraveller at 2011-12-29 17:29|
- Name：Longqing Valley
- Star Rating：
- Address：Longqing Vally, Yanqing District.
- Open：7:30-16:30 (Apr.10–Nov.15; Jan.1 to Feb. 30)
- Transportation:1. Special bus 8 starts every Saturday and Sunday from Qianmen and the west exit of Andingmen subway. 2. Bus 919 runs every 5 minutes from Deshengmen Watchtower to Yanqing County, then take bus 920.
The Longqing Valley Scenic Area is located north of Yanqing County, about 85 kilometers from the center of Beijing. Opened in 1987, it now receives about 800,000 tourists annually. The scenic spot stretches for seven kilometers, with the water surface 30 to 50 meters in width. As one of the three grandest gorges in the suburbs of Beijing, it is called “the Small Three Gorges" and also “the small Li River," after the famous river in Guilin. There are steep cliffs on both sides, and the mouth is blocked by a dam, which takes the form of a 72-meter-high, 90-meter-long reinforced steel double-arced structure with a tunnel at both ends. The dam can hold 8.5 million cubic meters of water and the surface covers an area of 340 km². When the reservoir is full, water flows out of the spillways through the side holes, forming an impressive waterfall. Every January and February the area hosts the Longqing Valley Ice Light Exhibition, which includes attractions such as a dragon ladder, boating and swimming.
Location: Longqing Valley, Yanqing District, Beijing.
Admission: 40 yuan
Open Hours: 07:30 a.m. - 16:30 p.m. (Apr.10 – Nov.15, Jan.1 to Feb. 30)
1. Special bus 8 starts every Saturday and Sunday from Qianmen and the west exit of Andingmen subway.
2. Bus 919 runs every 5 minutes from Deshengmen Watchtower to Yanqing County, then take bus 920.