Views: 2677|Replies: 3

Teacher fired for demanding published apology [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-12-15 09:44:12 |Display all floors
A teacher lost his job after having a student publish an apology to him in a newspaper, triggering heated debate on Tuesday in Dalian.  The apology, published on Monday as a classified ad in Dalian Evening News, said: "Teacher Liang, I am XXX. I apologize to you for what I did, I know I've hurt you. Please forgive me."

The sixth-grade student, said Liang was "a fool" while chatting with a student from Liang's class. Liang overheard the remark and demanded that child bring his parents to the school to apologize within two weeks. The parents found out too late and Liang would not then accept their apology. He insisted instead on a published letter of apology.

After investigating the incident, the Bureau of Education of Dalian's Ganjingzi district announced on Tuesday it was dissolving the employment contract with the teacher.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-15 09:45:17 |Display all floors
"If the teacher forced the student to publish the letter, I think the student is right to call him 'a fool'," said a netizen called 21pianluoye in a post on Sina weibo, the nation's largest micro-blogging website.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-15 11:01:27 |Display all floors
The teacher overdid  the punishment . When i was in school, only a written "rethinking" paper required.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-15 11:41:32 |Display all floors
Diggit Post time: 2011-12-15 11:01
The teacher overdid  the punishment . When i was in school, only a written "rethinking" paper requir ...

Your thinking seems very reasonable.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.