Views: 14687|Replies: 22

Should drivers be allowed to text or talk on cellphones?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-12-14 17:05:57 |Display all floors
U.S. safety investigators called on Tuesday for a nationwide ban on texting and cell phone use while driving, a prohibition that would include certain applications of hands-free technology becoming more common in new cars. As cell phone use or texting distracts drivers' attentions that would cause fatal traffic accidents, should drivers be allowed to text and talk on cellphones?
r-CELLPHONE-BAN-large570.jpg

Single choice vote, There are a total of 20 people participating in the poll
20.00% (4)
80.00% (16)
0.00% (0)
Your current user group has no poll permission

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-14 17:49:06 |Display all floors
My opinion: no. unless they can do it while having eyes on the road and 2 hand on the steering wheel

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-12-14 18:14:42 |Display all floors
No one should use a phone whilst driving unless it is a bespoke 'hands-free' and I still think that people become distracted by even this  ............

I remember seeing some research conducted into this and the drivers were unable to multi-task as well as they thought they could .........

There was a news piece yesterday where a woman in China turned a corner in an quite sedentary manner and ran over (or even rolled over) a pedestrian .........

One can assume that she was on the phone when such a thing happened and not paying any attention the the driving ..........   
What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-14 21:16:24 |Display all floors
expatter Post time: 2011-12-14 18:14
No one should use a phone whilst driving unless it is a bespoke 'hands-free' and I still think that  ...

It is similarily distracting as drunk driving, as studies show.
What do we know about drunk driving and safety?

So why should talking or even texting behind the steering wheel be allowed?
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-12-14 21:19:29 |Display all floors
LCSULLA Post time: 2011-12-14 21:16
It is similarily distracting as drunk driving, as studies show.
What do we know about drunk drivin ...

It should be an instant ban .........

The price of someone's life is more important than .......

"What's for dinner tonight"? .........  
What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-15 10:19:01 |Display all floors
NO

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-18 15:18:54 |Display all floors
No, when your driving your driving, there are too many lives at stake, for some fool to to put life and safety below their damn phone use is criminal. immediate minimum of 5 years Gaol  just for using it while driving.
I'm a little bit wrong and your a little bit right.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.