Views: 4955|Replies: 10

Imperialists without shame   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-12-13 11:30:22 |Display all floors
http://southernnationalist.com/blog/2011/12/12/imperialists-without-shame/

Imagine if an Iranian spy drone were shot down over New York and the Iranians asked for their drone back. How do you think the Feds would react?

While we’re in fantasy land, let’s imagine that Iran kept a large military fleet about a hundred miles or so off the coast of the United States based on a tiny island. And let’s say that this tiny island had a puppet government that was supported by the Iranian government in exchange for allowing the Iranians to keep their fleet there. Just for kicks, let’s say that the puppet government of this tiny island was a brutal and unpopular dictatorship that oppressed its people.

Imagine too that about half of the Iranian population said their country should bomb the US if the sanctions didn’t work in forcing Washington to agree to Tehran’s demands. For added fun, let’s say that a popular subject of debate in the Iranian media was whether a small, belligerent and nuclear-armed client state of Iran which was located near the US should go ahead and bomb America.

Here’s the real kicker: image if in addition to all of this that Iran had waged a ten year long occupation of Canada, hadinstalled a puppet government there and kept well over a hundred thousand troops (plus tens of thousands of mercenaries) not far from the US border there in Canada.

And then let’s imagine if Iran invaded the US’s other major neighbouring country, we’ll say Mexico, killed its president, ignited a civil war there which destroyed much of the country and caused the deaths of over half a million people in its ten year long occupation.

Just for a second let’s imagine how we would feel here if all of this were true.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-15 02:02:07 |Display all floors
LOL, "Southern Nationalist"?

The name of the site tells me all that I need to know.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-15 10:51:47 |Display all floors
For Iran to loose a drone and request it back would be as stupid as the US did.

And lets pretend this.... and say this...... and make believe this...... and say this hypothetical situation took place.... Bend over will ya, I have a pineapple and lets pretend it's a car and you're the garage.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-15 14:22:14 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2011-12-15 10:35
Yes. to me too. No need to ram the article down my throat.

By the way, the OP seems to be another  ...

Seneca you are completely right.

He is either a reich-wing christian or a reich-wing jihadist.  Not that it matters because they are the SAME ----, different bucket.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-10 11:21:04 |Display all floors
I wish people on this site would get educated.. Because I have read so much crap about world  politics that isn't not even close to what is going on in the world right now..
Playing Mahjong in Hangzhou world competition.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-10 11:25:48 |Display all floors
You my friend are from the USA ,,, and really wrapped up in the south thiong the Civil War is over ..i hope
Playing Mahjong in Hangzhou world competition.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-10 11:30:19 |Display all floors
Not a abd post and I imagine it'll hit a few "nerves" but, if the scenario is as you say...we all know what the answer would be to all of those "what says".

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.