Views: 72694|Replies: 83

China bra factory workers strike over 'bully' boss   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-11-23 04:30:18 |Display all floors
Wednesday 23 November 2011.

More than 400 female workers at a bra factory in southern China cut off the power and downed tools after a manager told one to "jump off a roof and go to hell", state-run media said on Tuesday.

Workers wearing pink overalls walked off the job at Top Form Underwear after a Cantonese-speaking boss verbally abused a Mandarin-speaking worker who didn't understand instructions, the New Express reported.

The strike in the southern metropolis of Shenzhen is the latest in a string of actions driven by worker dissatisfaction in the Pearl River Delta, known as the workshop of the world for the millions of Chinese migrant workers employed by factories there.

Last week, more than 7,000 workers at a factory in nearby Dongguan making New Balance, Adidas and Nike shoes went on strike, clashing with police in a protest over layoffs and wage cuts.

In July, a 21-year-old employee of Taiwanese technology giant Foxconn jumped to his death in southern China, reports said, and at least 13 employees died in apparent suicides last year which activists blamed on tough working conditions.

A Hong Kong-based labor group in May accused the company, which employs around one million people at its massive Chinese plants, of treating its workers like "machines".

Workers at Top Form had earlier complained of management bullying, and criticized a change in February from a regular base monthly salary of 500 yuan ($79) plus overtime to a system that paid them per bra they completed.

The piecework system prevented them from making enough money to meet the rising cost of living, they said.

The company's management "takes this incident very seriously and they are making progress today" in negotiations with the workers, a spokeswoman for Hong Kong-listed Top Form who asked not to be named told Agence France-Presse.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-11-23 11:22:44 |Display all floors
I think I know the owner of this company!

Shi-t!

ha ha ha

He seems to be a polite fella, It's the manager's fault.......
I think he has a factory in Luzon too!
Bao-an factory, if i am not wrong.......
Village enterprise JV.

cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Grandmaster

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-1 14:58:18 |Display all floors
Over the shoulder boulder holder factory.

Workers unionizing and demanding better wages and working conditions huh?
SOON they will ACHIEVE their goals and the price of the products labor will INCREASE. The manufacturing company will then search out CHEAPER LABOR no doubt. Resulting in the factories CLOSING DOWN and the LOSS of jobs.

Now I scratch my bony little head and ask myself where I have seen this cycle occur before?????

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-1 15:03:09 |Display all floors
lotusfly7 Post time: 2011-12-1 14:58
Over the shoulder boulder holder factory.

Workers unionizing and demanding better wages and worki ...

Just 20 years ago, slow rate of transfer......

BOOMZ post 2003 when the American Empire invasion of Iraq, with view to control the Mesopotamia - New Century American strategy.

After China's per capita hits US$5,000 which is probably happening this year.......
lower wage employment gets tight.

Cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Grandmaster

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-3 15:51:01 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2011-12-2 10:45
They should be compensated with extra supplies of Wondergirl Superbras!

Let's see how'd CHINA will cope with growth especially especially with the example of

(1) USA "Social Security" revolution.
(2) European development of "Public Health" and "Basic Education" systems.
(3) Japan "Infrastructure Investments using Fiscal Stimulus" between 1980 till today.

and the understanding of ECONOMIC GROWTH via experience in
(4) Industrial revolution
(5) Mass market creation, it's logistics and development routes.
(6) The importance of Urbanization, Motorization and the Outward Bound Tour markets.
(7) Vital importance in protecting and developing MIDDLE CLASS families.
(8) Development of R&D, and encouraging motivated citizens.

Old models of torture, strange ways has been the BANE of China.

Cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Grandmaster

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-7 23:17:01 |Display all floors
Good for China . about time you stuck up for yourself. A word to the rich things are changing .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-8 11:59:15 |Display all floors
It's a CLIMB for China now.

Looking at the CREDIT CREATION structure.

50% domestic, 50% foreign forex.

Hmmmm

Seems like a lot of "catching up" to do for the local economy.
But, Beijing, Shenzen seems to be a good "CASE STUDY" for Northern Chinese, Sichuan-farmer's union regions.

Cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Grandmaster

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.