Views: 42884|Replies: 59

How to improve my English?   [Copy link] 中文

Medal of honor

Post time 2011-11-22 16:39:05 |Display all floors

Hello,my dear friends,

Nice to meet you all here! My English name is Linda. I am from Beijing, China. I have been learning English for several years, but I don't find myself making more progress. Maybe I don't choose the right way. I hope my English can improve quickly here, and also I can make lots of friends in the world.

Happy every day!

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2011-11-22 17:21:22 |Display all floors
Thanks for your suggestion. Though I learn a lot of English grammar, I am afraid to speak English, esp with foreigners. I have to communicate with them in English in my work, but I sometimes just cannot utter a word. I konw immersing in an English environment do good, but I need your advice on how to improve my spoken language quickly. Thank you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-11-22 23:58:26 |Display all floors
增加你的词汇量对提高口语有很大的帮助。
LISTEN  TO  YOUR  HEART

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Valuable Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2011-11-23 15:43:43 |Display all floors
greatlady Post time: 2011-11-22 23:58
增加你的词汇量对提高口语有很大的帮助。

这是重要的是

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-11-24 13:33:44 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2011-11-24 10:49
Libnda,

there is no "quick way" to improving your SPOKEN English. There is a way to improving it, a ...

In other words, there is no easy and quick way...
We are all prisoners of our own device.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-11-28 08:56:27 |Display all floors
This post was edited by immense at 2011-11-28 08:57

In my mind ,english learning is a long time job. the key to learn it well is to do it over and over again.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-2 23:53:09 |Display all floors
Basically it's fear then that is stopping you. Fear of making mistakes.

I never concentrate on others mistakes that have been made in conversations because i'm too busy thinking about planning my future, and most people will not remember the mistakes you have made unless they are wanting to help you practice speaking.

Ask an English teacher if he remembers the details of what his students hav said, now ask the same question to someone you had a conversation with recently. The teacher will remember things you needed help with and the person you had a conversation with will remember the main ideas you were expressing.

When speaking, focus on getting your ideas across, rather than worrying about how they get there. How people react, will help you to modify how you  convey your meaning, because you will be focusing in on the conversation, rather than how well you remembered how to say something.   

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.