Author: cindy1225

Should schools be allowed to punish students with bad grades?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-12-7 00:32:35 |Display all floors
Students are customers......

Not slaves of teachers.

Can't they get this basic fact right?

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-7 00:34:20 |Display all floors
If students not interested in what teachers have to sell

It is the right of customers not to buy

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-7 00:41:32 |Display all floors
Mao got it right when he says..........

Respect the students.............

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-7 01:17:51 |Display all floors
Teachers are there to serve the students

Why do they think students are there to serve teachers?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-7 05:06:37 |Display all floors
Even though I voted "no", I do believe in punishment, but, the problem is what kind is acceptable and also effective. Cruel punishment is not acceptable, teachers are individuals and each thinks differently, so they should not be able to punish students, also some are down right cruel. Disruptive students do need to be sent out of the class, but not into the cold weather. Maybe they should be sent to a disciplinary office and if in an exam they can do it there. Ridicule should never be allowed to be used by teachers ( again some can over do it), students get enough of that from peers. Punishment needs to be well thought out. Grades are grades, and punishment is punishment, the two should never meet.
I'm a little bit wrong and your a little bit right.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-7 09:10:23 |Display all floors
Those so called teacher and schools just hide their incompetence by punishing children. Shameful non professional attitude directly came from dinosaurus era.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-7 09:11:59 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2013-12-7 00:41
Mao got it right when he says..........

the problem with Mao is that he used to say: "do what I say, dont do what I do". Everybody know how he used to "respect" young virgin students.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.