Author: cindy1225

Should schools be allowed to punish students with bad grades?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-11-18 04:37:52 |Display all floors
youknowhat Post time: 2013-11-17 22:23
some skool the teachers do get their report cards just like the sudents

I was beaten by teachers because I was from a poof family. I was a good polite student, alas that was not enough

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-19 13:54:33 |Display all floors
I remembered those school days. The headmaster (an Indian guy) would personally distribute report books of pupils. He hand out our report book accompanied by his magic weapon, a cane. For each subject that we fail, we get a stroke of his stinging cane. This punishment was done in full public view. Of course we feared him as a tyrant and hated him then.
Now 30 years' later, things have changed. We organize dinner & events to honor this headmaster & class teachers and even start off charity funds. His old pupils hug him and thanked him for his strict discipline that guide us through our tender years. It was through his strict guidance that the school has produced pupils who triumphs to become doctors, architects, engineers, accountants and lawyers.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-19 15:34:45 |Display all floors
afsdfasdf4 fasdf

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-22 21:25:47 |Display all floors
By the way, did anyone else notice this interesting place to truncate the message title from the BBS homepage?
PunishStud.GIF

I thought it was going to be an article about some handsome young guy being punished for having sex with many female students. ;)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-24 19:01:17 |Display all floors
School should take good measures to improve the students' study level, well teaching instead of punishing

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-27 20:13:43 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2011-11-18 15:31
I think the title of this thread is somewhat confusing and misleading.

Students that do not adjust  ...

In England a class teacher will comment on behaviour in the "Class teacher's summary" in reports, usually twice a year. I agree with your comments on low achievers. Students with learning problems need support and encouragement, not punishment which makes matters worse. Reasonable punishment that does not affect the health and safety of the child may only be necessary for disruptive behaviour or rudeness, not for low marks.
English teacher and education adviser. China needs a teaching profession with less fear and more trust and honesty.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-29 10:55:45 |Display all floors
No punishes!!!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.