Author: cindy1225

Should schools be allowed to punish students with bad grades?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-11-24 09:58:17 |Display all floors
so many questions in the case:
1. what does the school want by doing that? i don't think those bad student will turn good after being punished that way. if education is a matter so simple, anyone on the earth can open a school, teachers should do something common people can't do.
2. who gives the school the right letting teacher punish student in an anti-human way. so called bad student just study bad , making no harm to the others . i suppose they even have a right not to do so good in certain fileds as the others want.as for teacher ,somehow we should pay great respect, but teacher is also a person in the society, no more than an other one for the students . what the teacher would  do is just finding some way helpful for those bad students , no one can punish the others , except allowed by law. currently, china needs  labors-in-future have full confidence , not the slavers do nothing while others order them to do things they do not want to do . as i see , those teachers are not helpful, just the reverse.
3. there must be bad ones in a group, say , peking university, or in the teacher's own family. how can we deal with the bad ones. if we realy have spare time , let's seek the real way getting things better going.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-11-24 23:32:01 |Display all floors
it isn't a very reasonable method to treat the low grades students.howevey  this phonomenon is very common in china of mang places,especially in many countrysides.because  parents of city students usually deeply hope their children can get a good education and go into famous university ,they often compel  them to study up to midnight in order to get a high points.actually some of them don't require a high score as what  their parents wished before.so they also give them a publishment as theri mistakes.except it ,theri teachers also publish them with other misery appoaches .for an example ,they rank all of them after every exams and make them select their new seats according to the ranks.if you are careful in some exames,then sorry ,it is your end you must accept.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-2 01:46:24 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2011-11-18 15:31
I think the title of this thread is somewhat confusing and misleading.

Students that do not adjust  ...

And who ENCOURAGED you to become a disgusting and laying China basher..?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-2 11:23:09 |Display all floors
No.
I've been punished in Grade one by a horrible teacher. She beat me because I didn't wirite a word correctly, even though I'm always No.1 in the class.{:soso_e109:}
Recently I heard she's not a teacher anymore
Thus have I heard.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Valuable Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Valuable Member

Post time 2013-11-3 09:33:14 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Ratfink at 2013-11-3 23:07

It's quite sad to see such a lack of fundamental knowledge being displayed by most of the posters here.

Punishing a child for bad grades achieves nothing. Those who have studied education know that school education is a one size fits all approach to teaching, it does not allow for students who do not learn by the methods employed.  It's a well known and documented fact  that there are a number of learning models and almost everyone falls in to one or more categories based loosely on 4 main groups, eg: audible (spoken word), tactile (hands on), visual (seeing it done), written (reading about it). Most people use at least one and more frequently two or more methods.

Some children however will never achieve good grades, this can be due to many reasons including lack of intelligence, motivation, missing out on essential core knowledge when younger or lack of self worth and many other reasons.

So rather than punish students with poor grades it would be better to try to find out why they perform badly at school and then devise (where possible) a working remedial solution.  This of course is the ideal path, sadly financial and time constraints preclude this from happening in the real world.

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-4 10:01:34 |Display all floors
It depends. You punish a kid for his attitude, but never for his ability.
Bravos

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-6 22:32:55 |Display all floors
looking at the pic , I am not sure how sitting inside the classroom will protect them from cold.

come one.......stop making issues of every small bit..........

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.