Author: cindy1225

Should schools be allowed to punish students with bad grades?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-11-18 17:30:59 |Display all floors
I think schools should be allowed to use such practices even corporal punishment to discipline the students. It’s a good punishment to use with students who don’t obey the school rules. Some students are spoiled and snotty, and behave super badly but get away with everything. I believe students will learn a lot better from such punishments.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-11-18 18:49:56 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cindy1225 at 2011-11-18 17:30
I think schools should be allowed to use such practices even corporal punishment to discipline the students. It’s a good punishment to use with students who don’t obey the school rules. Some stud ...

Your original question referred to punishment over grades not personal behaviorism while at school. In the latter I concur with this statement of yours, but as far as grades are concerned; no, leave that to the parents as I posted earlier. In my opinion.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-11-18 22:56:50 |Display all floors
Some children have a low I.Q.
Other children have a high I.Q.

Children with low I.Q. should not be punished for bad grades because later in their life they will be politicians.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Use magic tools Report

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Valuable Member

Post time 2011-11-19 14:53:57 |Display all floors
What does it teach the students when you punish them with corporal punishment ? It teaches them that the use of force is always right.

I'm all for punishment as long as it is smart punishment (extra lessons, community service, etc) and only if the children are not behaving properly. You can't punish a kid for failing an exam. If he didn't study, it meansthe parents didn't do their job, parents should be punished. If he studied and failed, then it means the teacher didn't get through, teacher should reflect on how to get through to this child. There is also the possibility the kid is simply not very smart, not all children will turn out to be rocket scientists.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-11-19 15:59:00 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cindy1225 at 2011-11-18 17:30
I think schools should be allowed to use such practices even corporal punishment to discipline the students. It’s a good punishment to use with students who don’t obey the school rules. Some stud ...

Keep words in your mind, someday you will be parents. You will have kids.
To remember, to let go, and to move on.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-11-19 16:05:14 |Display all floors
Originally posted by MisterPanda at 2011-11-19 14:53
What does it teach the students when you punish them with corporal punishment ? It teaches them that the use of force is always right.

I'm all for punishment as long as it is smart punishment (e ...

I can't agree more with you, Panda. Even though the student failed his exam, got low marks, does't mean he didn't study hard. There is also the possibility the kid is simply not very smart, not all children will turn out to be rocket scientists.
To remember, to let go, and to move on.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-11-19 17:14:57 |Display all floors
School should do what they can to teach the children. If the children don't do well, they should report to parents and perhaps give advice if possible. The children is the parents responsibility.  If the children behave bad and disturb at school , they should send the child home.

If anyone else than physically punished my child I would take it very badly.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.