Views: 6733|Replies: 18

The COMING consumer BOOM in China. [Copy link] 中文

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2011-9-26 11:51:52 |Display all floors
By year 2012, China would have achieve the MAGIC FIGURE of US$5,000 per capita income.
This generally marks the start of the CONSUMER BOOM.

This would be the affordability of major consumer durables by the MIDDLE INCOME working citizen.
The FIRST supposed boom in the 1999 to 2008 was mostly by HIGH INCOME middle class, and high wage REVENUE MERCHANT EXECUTIVES.

The COMING BOOM will soon start.

We will talk more of these.
It should start from the Guangdong Province, Shanghai and Bohai region and spread inland towards Wuhan, Sichuan.
I now wonder, whether the FREIGHT RAILWAY NETWORK is sufficiently ready for these huge logistics creation!

Wah! Ha ha ha

Cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Grandmaster

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2011-9-26 21:52:46 |Display all floors

Per capita disposable income

I don't think it is imminent but I do think it will have to happen sooner rather than later.

As China's major trading partners weaken and export slows down, those factories will have to look inward to Chinese consumers, there is much more to be done to develop this market, it is not very sophisticated.
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Gold Medal

Post time 2011-9-26 22:06:46 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cestmoi at 2011-9-26 22:52
I don't think it is imminent but I do think it will have to happen sooner rather than later.

As China's major trading partners weaken and export slows down, those factories will have to look inw ...



It's not imminent but around the corner. With the ever increasing value of the CNY it will happen rather sooner than later. I think GD is correct with what he said in this thread.

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2011-9-26 23:01:03 |Display all floors

Real Estate Bubble?

Originally posted by satsu_jin at 2011-9-26 22:06

It's not imminent but around the corner. With the ever increasing value of the CNY it will happen rather sooner than later. I think GD is correct with what he said in this thread.


I have always suggested that China should develop its internal markets, but the real estate bubble, inflationary pressure, relatively high interest rate and going higher... all these factors weight in to slow down any boom.

Typically, Chinese like any other people, would like to own the roof over their heads but they may have overdone it with real estate.
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Gold Medal

Post time 2011-9-27 10:43:50 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cestmoi at 2011-9-27 00:01


I have always suggested that China should develop its internal markets, but the real estate bubble, inflationary pressure, relatively high interest rate and going higher... all these factors we ...



If you visit China -NOW- you'll soon realize that the so called real estate bubble is not really existing. There may be some minor bubbles in the huge and prosperous eastern seabord locations but far from it in the central or western parts of the country. There is still much room for further investments and the inflationary pressure is deminishing which is also the reason for some mild contraction of the GDP. In other words, there is no alarming threat for a real big bubble. I'm willing to bet on it.

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2011-9-27 11:46:02 |Display all floors
Originally posted by satsu_jin at 2011-9-27 10:43



If you visit China -NOW- you'll soon realize that the so called real estate bubble is not really existing. There may be some minor bubbles in the huge and prosperous eastern seabord locations ...


Hope you are right since we have heard lots of stories about the bubbles in China on this industry. by the way, you can't gauge the bubble by your income and the prices of the houses in central and west China.

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Gold Medal

Post time 2011-9-27 14:37:24 |Display all floors
Originally posted by desperado123 at 2011-9-27 12:46


Hope you are right since we have heard lots of stories about the bubbles in China on this industry. by the way, you can't gauge the bubble by your income and the prices of the houses in central ...



I would never use my income as a yardstick to evaluate the economic situation of a country, any country btw.  This just for your info.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.