Views: 15625|Replies: 23

Sex imbalance in China & solutions [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-10-21 20:14:56 |Display all floors
Hello,

I'm a British-Chinese who was born in Hong Kong now living in UK. I want to have a serious discussion with people who understand China's social and political situation.

It is now recognised by the state that there is a large sex imbalance in China; as a result,  marrying older women is expected to become a trend.

What I want to do are:-

- to understand the current state of play in relation to tackling the sex imbalance.

- to ask how people feel about different possible ways of tackling the problem of imbalance

- to understand how to go about talking to people or institutions who have influence on such matters

This is the key solution I have been thinking about:-

Polyandry marriages - ( 1 woman marrying more than 1 man, usually brothers)
I have talked to a few chinese females who rejected it outright, but why?
Ancient China accepted polygamy (1 man marrying more than 1 woman) for centuries, so what is so objectionable about polyandry?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-10-21 20:30:44 |Display all floors
Originally posted by edwinapl at 2010-10-21 20:14
so what is so objectionable about polyandry? ...

I can't speak for the chinese, but for me, it would be out of the question as well.  This is due to cultural norms.  We are taught being with more than one man makes you a ###.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-10-21 20:49:53 |Display all floors
Cultural norms can change. They are not laws of physics.

When men can't have their own girl friend, they will be begging to share a girl friend.

Let's see if those men would still insult us.

We hold the key to their happiness now, so women will be calling the shots.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-10-21 20:51:30 |Display all floors
let me guess....you are into wife swapping. You sound like one of them.^^
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-10-21 21:03:55 |Display all floors
Originally posted by edwinapl at 2010-10-21 20:14
Hello,

I'm a British-Chinese who was born in Hong Kong now living in UK. I want to have a serious discussion with people who understand China's social and political situation.

It is now reco ...

In fact, China's gender imbalance is not as bad as you thought. Many families, esp those in rural areas choose not to declare their female children in order to get a boy.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-10-22 08:26:33 |Display all floors
I see this as a business opportunity. China can import women from all over the world. :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-10-22 08:36:50 |Display all floors

Media lies

How do we know the whole story about female infanticide and gender balance is real ? It could be a way of
putting down another culture.We can't trust the Anglo Zionist media.Their lies are legion.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.