Views: 3126|Replies: 7

Happy Winter Solcites festival Christmas! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-12-21 13:29:20 |Display all floors
Bought any toys and gifts for the kids?

It's winter, and it's snowing heavily in Europe and USA!
The kids will enjoy gifts of toys, momentos and maybe heaty foods such as chocolates, liquored cakes or TONG YUEN soups to enjoy themselves in this dreary cold times!

and that's before the Chinese New Year holidays!
where we buy new clothes, get new home textiles, new coat of paint, furniture, appliances for the home during SPRING FESTIVAL!

Yeaaaahhh!

Festive time again!
Holidays!

Green DRagon
Game Master

This post is sponsored by the TOYS & GIFT GUILD in Hong Kong, (Hong Kong, the real workshop of Santa Claus and the merry Elfs helpers) and the RETAILER ASSOCIATION of Beijing!

[ Last edited by greendragon at 2009-12-21 02:15 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-23 11:56:06 |Display all floors

Reply #1 greendragon's post

Yep bought gifts etc for the nephews and neices and sent em home late November.
Happy xmas to you and yours my friend, and indeed, to all here, even chk and swampoa.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-23 12:35:45 |Display all floors

Reply #2 exportedkiwi's post

Have you ever been in a snow ball fight?

Just heard on TV yesterday, some kids in the United States dip their snowball in water, or put in a rock core to their snow ball?

Does that make the snow ball have big impact?
Anyway kids would be wearing thick winter clothing, such improvising should not cause too much danger....

I am worried, how about head injuries?
It's dreadful enough in winter, short daylight - everyday at home, with only toys & gifts, not to say some liquored fruit cakes~!
Pretty practical way to spend the winter instead of the just the body warming broth of sweet starchy TANG YUEN in China!

Hey!
Mr. Chan of Hong Kong won the BEST SANTA CLAUS contest in Sweden!
What an honour to Hong Konger being the capital of toy and gift making!

cheerios!

Happy Winter Solcites and Merry Christmas!

HO HO HO

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-23 12:42:22 |Display all floors

Reply #3 greendragon's post

Hi friend, yep, have been in numerous snowball fights at home and here in China too. In Shandong, I would take the kids out in the snow and have big snowball fights with them, during class. Poor lil buggers never had any play time so, we went out and played in the snow....but they had to speak English, so I could justify taking them outside, hehehe.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-23 13:40:37 |Display all floors

Reply #4 exportedkiwi's post

Yup, i was in winter in the US once upon a time......

FREEEEEZING...the car couldn't start,
the tree outside was without leaves, and suddenly frozen with ice overnight...
SLIPPERY, two of my lady colleaques smash their brand new rental cars - hopeless drivers, poor reflexes...
one a Hainanese girl, the other a Fujien gal.....

and we wore clothes the weights of our bodies!

ha ha ha

I didn't know why i did not try to have snow fights then.....

shucks!

i must try it next time i go during winter in the northern or southern hemisphere!

ha ha ha

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-23 13:42:56 |Display all floors

During winter, it's so cold.....

.....you don't feel like going outside. FREEEEZING!

YOU read the news, and you see TV reports of explosions, because some old gas pipe was blocked, or so many road accidents or terrible traffic chaos.....

and then you see that JOLLY OLD CHAP, SANTA CLAUS,
and GIFT from SANTA'S WORKSHOP in Guangdong, designed with help of ELF's in Hong Kong
and you forget all those problems!

HO HO HO

Green DRagon
Game Master

[ Last edited by greendragon at 2009-12-23 01:44 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-26 15:05:47 |Display all floors

Winter Solcites cum Christmas festival becomes more enjoyable!

Yes, The Grey VERY COLD, FREEZING time has become more bearable!

The New Middle Kingdom (China + Asian Trade Route States) has now fully developed the WINTER SOLCITES/CHRISTMAS FESTIVAL.

In the 5 main mall in Malaya Central Metropolitan Super centre, we have HIGH QUALITY STAGE SHOWs, taking advantage on the million of shopper per week statistics. The development of the ENTERTAINMENT industry in Malaya on the support by the RETAILER Guild is changing Malayan economic landscape! (Reforms in Malaya since 1999 is now isseeing it's complete form - seen in new universities, vocational school, technical school, budget airlines, new city centres, liberalization of the banking, financial sectors! etc.)

It's full of cheeers!

HO HO HO

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.