Views: 6411|Replies: 11

How far developed are China's fuel cell technologies? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-11-1 12:17:54 |Display all floors
Seems like heavy emphasis should be laid on INDUSTRIAL, COMMERCIAL onsite fuel cell technologies.

Using Direct Input of NATURAL GAS, steam reformation, producing Hydrogen to be inputed in viable FUEL CELL stacks.
This will save a lot of money needed to create a giant NATIONAL GRID network
Small units in 1 MW capacity will be truly ideal.

Currently, it does seem that cost is high for such systems which are very clean, creating only CO2 and H2O as exhaust products.

wonder how far are we on such technologies?

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-11-1 12:20:23 |Display all floors

Natural gas can be piped in over long distances cheaply.

It's not as dirty as coal, or dangerous as nuclear fuel.

and it will save China from needs to import BILLIONs Renmimbi in copper with a lower national grid load needs.
it prevent sabotage of the energy network as seen in the frequent blackouts in the United States where coal is used intensively for electricity needs.

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-11-1 13:22:17 |Display all floors
Originally posted by greendragon at 2008-10-31 23:20
as seen in the frequent blackouts in the United States  

I haven't seen frequent blackouts occur and I have lived all over the United States. I know there are "brown-outs" (manual limiting) in some north eastern and desert states, mostly due to everyone using too many air conditioners during extremely hot weather, but full blackouts are rare.

Of the ones that have occurred, as in New York a few years ago, it was either due to antiquated infrastructure between Canada and U.S.(the official story) or a hacker (my guess).
-----------
I think the future for most of us will be nuclear power and electric cars, with a dappling of wind, solar, and new wave generator technology. Hopefully we can all find a solution to the issue of nuclear waste disposal, without putting it off as we did with fossil fuels. Unfortunetly knowing the nature of man.... we will procrastinate.

Hydrogen is certainly an option and will likely be fast tracked for military application when the oil runs out.

I would ultimately like to see orbital solar sats., but the microwave beam that they would generate could be a terrible weapon.... so mankind should learn to get along with one another better before we move forward on that one .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-11-2 12:10:24 |Display all floors

Reply #3 cbcronin's post

ha ha ha

it's a prophecy, mr. Cbcronin.
national grids mean easy to create blackouts.....
it's also a good way to monopolized the business of electricty distribution....

i have read information provided in the media on the small scale NATURAL GAS STEAM REFORMATION units to produce Hydrogen used in 250kw to 1.0 MW fuel cell stacks. (just wondering whether it's viable or not, what with problem of expensive capital cost, US$1000 to US$4,000 for per kW capacity cited)

saw the video on the University of California unit, also about others on google, Youtube.....ha ha ha

With Mainland China's rise, I reckon any new technology that can SAVE on commodity use must be studied....
Imagine 1,300 million people wishing to have standard of living equal to that of Europe, Japan, Trade Route states, British club states and the United States.

there wouldn't be enough materials, and when that happens....expects terrible battles to secure materials...

ie. Latin America, Asean, Middle East, Central Asia, AFrica....

don't want that to happen.....
so, let's work hard to prevent it....

note: I am a bit sad, that Mr. Gore (and his renewable energy agenda) wasn't selected as a candidate for President, instead more of the old OIL/BANKING fraternity is being selected for Presidency, so i do expect more VIOLENCE in our world in the future......

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-11-2 12:13:50 |Display all floors

Mr. Bush was a bad president...

...old oil/bank strategy to keep the United States as no.1.

so, a "changing the United States" programme must be initiated.
many "GOOD HEARTED AMERICAN CITIZEN" must be very supportive of such a programme, as many are ANGRY over the state sponsored violence of the United States.

There are ways to avoid EXPECTABLE VIOLENT results, if only GOOD CHOICES are made in the United States.

alas, i wonder now.....

Green DRagon
Game Master

[ Last edited by greendragon at 2008-11-2 12:15 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-11-2 16:55:08 |Display all floors
Originally posted by greendragon at 2008-11-1 23:10
there wouldn't be enough materials, and when that happens....expects terrible battles to secure materials...

ie. Latin America, Asean, Middle East, Central Asia, AFrica....

don't want that to happen.....
so, let's work hard to prevent it....

Unfortunetly I believe it already occurs in a limited form, through proxies .

The recent moves, by major powers into Africa, is very disturbing. We had better find more efficient ways soon, or I fear your prediction of "terrible battles" may be right.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-11-3 10:19:05 |Display all floors

Reply #6 cbcronin's post

Well, i reckon battles of all kinds could break out in Africa, Latin America, Middle East, South East Asia and Central Asia.

Already the battle lines are lining up.
Just Barack Obama as presidential candidate with experience in Africa, Indonesia is scary enough.

However the world has become smarter over Amerikan Regime tricks.
Look at President Chavez reorganizing the states in Latin America, the Amerikan Regime will have much contest there.
In Africa, British, Chinese, French are already active to protect the zones of influence and the Amerikan Regime has set up a new African Command.
The middle East and Central Asia has been the MAIN TARGET of the Amerikan Regime, but the RUSSIAN FEDERATION, with Chinese, British, European Union are now geared up to defend. It's the Russian Federation has become the BIGGEST AMERIKAN ADVERSARY once again.

In East Asia (Trade Route States), is a needed supply chain to the Amerikan Ekonomik Pyramid, while China is slowly influencing the Trade Route State by it's expanding CHINA ECONOMIC PYRAMID, and I do expect RENMIMBI to be a big equation of prosperity in the NEW MIDDLE KINGDOM.

It's not that easy for the United States to remain no.1.

ha ha ha

Green Dragon
Game Master

[ Last edited by greendragon at 2008-11-3 10:20 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.