Author: basket

Man should never act as low as CNN [Copy link] 中文

Gold Medal

Post time 2008-4-1 16:37:59 |Display all floors
Originally posted by interesting at 2008-4-1 15:40
Jose,

You must keep in mind that many Chinese are ultra-nationalists, fed a steady of diet of "patriotic education". These people do not want independent information because it will ch ...

Schreiber,

I can understand that it is hard to grasp for you that China is not the former USSR. Contrary to the former USSR China has allowed her citizens a lot of freedom among them to travel abroad, to immigrate, to associate with foreigners etc. Maybe it is strange for you that even Chinese who live in the West and/or have been educated in the West fiercely defend their motherland. Certainly not something that many in the West have expected.

Funny how you exactly figured out that the Chinese view hasn't changed over 650 years. Could you give us some evidence?

For you, as well as for most people in the West, it is hard to swallow that 'divide et impera', the very practical recipe that worked so well in Europe, seems not to work in China, resulting in anger and frustration for many 'well-wishers'. Maybe the West should study more about China and not approach this country with ideologically tainted glasses. If you would understand more about China you'd certainly understand that any political party that runs this country wouldn't act any differently. China has suffered too much under Western powers. Even the Sino Japanese war was in the end only possible because China had been weakened by Western powers for more than a century. China has every right to be suspicious about Western advice what to do and how to proceed.

Last but not least the present anti China campaign (using the DL and Tibet as proxies) is also a fight to curtail China's economic advance because the West is afraid that an attractive  non Western capitalist model (state capitalism) could be the future for the developing world.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-1 19:15:09 |Display all floors
I always wonder what make those people so prejudiced against a country they have actually known nothing about, and so firmly believe this is a country of evil without ever being harmed by her throughout history.
     My hometown is just near tibet, some of my former classmates, now some of my students are from Tibet, or other ethnic groups. I went to travel in Tibetan areas  a lot. Some of my friends now works in Tibet. When I read in some western magazines that Chinese government successfully "crush" sympathy at home  I can't help laughing the ignorance of the journalist. It seems some of them are really doing their job with such "imaginative thinking".
     The rest of the people in this country never "sympathize" with them because we are out there doing all we can to make it better, because it has not been easy for this development in Tibet this far, and because we are equal and belong to the same family, we share the same rights.I've Never seen a Tibetan person is discriminated against because it is what our education from the very beginning and our laws don't allow.
     i'd rather say, some western media "crushed" people's sympathy for those innocent people burned or killed in other ways or injured by those mobs. now people live in terror and sorrow in Tibet and even far away in my neighbourhood.If it is human rights you are talking about, why do u ignore the human rights of them?
     Tibet is China's Tibet, and China is the land for Tibetan people, too

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-1 20:09:46 |Display all floors

Man should never act as low as CNN

A Great and Genius Title created by Basket, "Man should never act as low as CNN".

If we can add this proverb in our daily life for 1,3 billion Chinese, it would be great. The proverb is given when someone is doing things like CNN.

Anyone agree to use it as a common proverb in China ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-1 20:25:28 |Display all floors

<chuckle>

... looks like the bandwagon is in full motion - time to put a stick in the spokes.

Given the fanfare here - is it safe to assume that most of the "Chinese" forumites here believe that CCTV is 100% correct in it's reporting of the news and has never been wrong?
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2008-4-1 20:38:43 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tradervic at 2008-4-1 21:25
... looks like the bandwagon is in full motion - time to put a stick in the spokes.

Given the fanfare here - is it safe to assume that most of the "Chinese" forumites here believe that ...

TV,

Let me ask you some questions:

Do you believe that Western media, and I'm not singling out American media only, always report the truth about China?
Do you believe that they don't have an agenda when it comes to reporting about China?
Do you believe that their reporting is unbiased and does not create anti Chinese sentiments in the West (race hatred)?
Do you believe that they're any better than state controlled media in China?

I really want to have your honest answer without ifs and whens.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-1 20:45:21 |Display all floors

<chuckle>

Originally posted by satsu_jin at 4/1/2008 07:38 AM
TV,

Let me ask you some questions:

Do you believe that Western media, and I'm not singling out American media only, always report the truth about China?
Do you believe that they don't have an agenda when it comes to reporting about China?
Do you believe that their reporting is unbiased and does not create anti Chinese sentiments in the West (race hatred)?
Do you believe that they're any better than state controlled media in China?

I really want to have your honest answer without ifs and whens.  

If I thought only one news source was 100% accurate - I would not have 50+ news outlets on my favorites list.
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2008-4-1 20:47:39 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tradervic at 2008-4-1 21:45

If I thought only one news source was 100% accurate - I would not have 50+ news outlets on my favorites list.

TV,

Well, a diplomatic answer. Actually not really what I've expected.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.