Author: basket

Man should never act as low as CNN [Copy link] 中文

Gold Medal

Post time 2008-3-31 09:20:10 |Display all floors
Originally posted by chinadaily at 2008-3-31 09:58
laincoubert :  I do not get CNN but I always thought CNN had a good reputation.

Used to in China too.   But that day I told my Grade-7 child  about how the CNN chopped the picture and left out  ...

In China, as in most parts of the world, CNN is considered to be fair and unbiased. Over the last couple of days I've time and again watched CNN news reports about Tb and compared it to the venom spread by BBC. In spite of me not agreeing with everything reported by CNN, I still believe that this news service is by far the most moderate of all Western services. To all who doubt it I recommend to listen to the hate stories of BBC. They are short of recommending to kill the Chinese. In an inteview with the vice president of the IOC the BBC hate monger asked him whether the IOC's policy is now to award Olympic games to countries like Zimbabwe or Sudan. The journalist who asked the questions insisted that the IOC should cancel the Olympics. This is what I call hate journalism. Nothing even close to this I've seen on CNN.

[ Last edited by satsu_jin at 2008-3-31 10:23 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2008-3-31 10:01:35 |Display all floors
A Jiji press statement about Fukuda's view on Olympic boycott:

PM Fukuda Yasuo says Japan should react cautiousely to calls for world leaders to boycott the opening ceremony of the Beijing Olympics. Careful consideration is needed over whether it is appropriate to criticize China and link Tb with the Olympics. Fukuda said that he hopes to see the unrest settle down promptly and peacefully.

The way it looks, Japan will not take part in any boycott by Western leaders. The government of Japan has always considered Tb to be a Chinese domestic affair.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-31 10:10:20 |Display all floors
CD,

So... you lied to your child? CNN only chopped out some stone throwers, the others are still in the picture--that's what the two people in the foreground are doing.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-31 10:43:20 |Display all floors
Originally posted by interesting at 2008-3-31 10:10
CD,

So... you lied to your child? CNN only chopped out some stone throwers, the others are still in the picture--that's what the two people in the foreground are doing.

Yeah, just like you don't know that more people only see pictures, less of it read headlines, much less of it read the entire news.

It's a photo manipulation with intention, yet you still defending them.
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-31 11:21:02 |Display all floors
Sure, it has an intent: to make sure that people get the point that there are stone throwers and burning cars. At the size of the photo, the activity cropped from the right looks like people being beaten by the military.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-31 12:10:24 |Display all floors

Reply #20 interesting's post

Sure there are no separatism movement in the US, the true owners of this land, the native Indian are basically gone. If I remember correctly, there were 50 Indian tribes in the Western part of the US during the Lewis and Clark expedition, with an estimated 1.2 million souls, there was also a large population of bison, their main food source, roaming on the wild planes, their main food source. The rest is history.

If we use a country socio-economic development level as the age of person, then China is just an adolescent. Unfortunately, this adolescent grow up under the watchful eyes of some young adults who themself  behaved much much worst while they were adolescents and there were no adults to watch for them. The Great Britain was a dope pusher. Here are a few examples: generously giving native American Indians blanket contaminated will smallpox, the slave trade, 2 world wars, colonialized other countries, etc, etc. Yes, now as a young adult the West is much much better than they were before. They outgrow their problem themselves without being told by others. But the way the look down at other younger folks, I can’t say that they are mature adults yet.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-31 20:06:44 |Display all floors
Thanks to this incident in Xizang, thousands of innocent Chinese youths have realized the real face of western so-called just and free media.This time, CNN actually set up a benchmark, and from now on , we can judge on its report against this mark.
The Sun rises every day from the East !

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.