Author: basket

Man should never act as low as CNN [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-5-17 18:09:59 |Display all floors
rblett ,

In the end it is the Chinese who must remember this bad manners and CNN . We must repay in kind and hit that pocket nerve .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-18 06:03:52 |Display all floors

An eye for an eye

"An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind"

Why would you want to repay in kind? That seems rather mean-spirited and un-Chinese. You're saying that even when CNN apologizes, you won't accept it? What kind of helpful mentality is that?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-18 10:43:18 |Display all floors
rblett,

There are apologies and apologies . This so called apology is insincere , long delayed and mealy mouthed . I personally don't believe a word of it .  It is one of those forced " regrets " with a sting and it stinks . We can watch CNN on probation , say , for the next 6 months and see they have mended their ways or not ,I suppose . I won't hold my breath .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-21 00:40:26 |Display all floors

"hurt feelings?"

Such a "thin skin"! If everyone had your absolutist attitude, the world would be hell, Mengzhi. So "hurt feelings" give the "right to exact revenge" and "the right to retaliate"! How about others whose "feelings are hurt"? Pelosi?: does the American Congress now have the "right" to revenge and retaliation? The DL? Israel? Given your logic, and the comments you often make on this forum, you better hide under your bed before someone applies your childish, aggressive logic to you!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-21 06:55:48 |Display all floors
Dear Bob,

It would take me several years to educate you I am sure and I have neither the energy nor the inclination , Here you are suggesting that there are millions of " hurt feelings " around the globe , what gives you Chinese the right to be angry with Jack the Jerk simply because he called you " thugs and goons " !?  I say each victim or recipient of an insult or malice has to decide what he / she wants to do .  Many a coward would not retaliate even if he is slapped in the face !  China has had too many slaps over too many years . We say " no more " ! If you cannot learn this little reality , than I cannot help you .  Pelosi ?  Is she the tart who cozied up to the DL for warmth ? Who did hurt her ?  He will have me  sending him a present soon .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-27 04:04:16 |Display all floors

How about....

the "victim" of an uncomfortable truth?

Is he not done a favour by the one who brings this to his attention?

He is partial to chocolates, I hear. Send it C/O CNN.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.