Views: 3861|Replies: 2

Happy New Year! Mr. "Scared gal" Twchinese.. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-12-30 12:24:40 |Display all floors
Look at what the NEW YEAR 2006 have for Taiwan.

This is my prediction.

Taiwan economic sectors affected
(1) Petro chemical based polymeric products
(2) Textiles
(3) Semiconductor
(4) PC, laptop industry
(5) Shipping companies.
(6) New innovative biotech, electronic devices...

With the wind blowing in support of NATURAL PRODUCTS, synthetic producer will shriveling of their profits......(1) and (2) textile and petrochemical will suffer with smaller margins, in addition higher cost in Taiwan such as labour, energy..

high prices in Petroleum sector, over capacity of the industry especially in the NEW MIDDLE KINGDOM...means tremendous year of low profits for these sectors.

we have a new changes in the IT sector...(3) this includes the introduction of the XPbox gaming consoles with multi processors..which will help the WAFER FABRICATION and CHIP MAKING sector.....

yet..the HERALDING of power powerful INTEL processors means that SERVERS will become more popular.....such use of PC for offices will be lesser while SIMPLE TERMINAL machines become more popular....we call that by "Ncomputing"...ie. using PC as terminal......i have seen cybercafe with PC running 36 gaming machine running perfectly!!!!!....and that benefits CHINA who can produce TERMINALS Cheaper!

then we have UNCLE SAM pushing for the US$100 pc laptop...ha ha ha....(4) that'll mean commoditization of TAIWAN'S LAP TOP business....yet component makers such as LCD..will boom as this will mean key components such as PROCESSORS and LCD will see increased quantities but poor poor prices... :(

And (5) Shipping companies will continue to see benefit of EMERGENT CHINA with its tremendous needs for shipping capacity...BUT IT WILL NEED Mr. Chen to be friendly to China......

I know, the R.O.C. with its fear of "hollowing out"..will work hardest..looking forward to many new devices to be produced from (6)......i am all EARS AND EYES...

Wah! 3 negatives, 2 positive and 1 dependent on R.O.C. domestic politics....

Enjoy your choices...Mr. "Scared gal" TwChinese~

Happy New Year!

cheerios!

fm
cheeky Game Master
Lord of the code

Council of Malaya

[ Last edited by greendragon at 2005-12-30 12:28 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

crazyazn has been deleted
Post time 2006-1-2 14:17:30 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-3 14:48:30 |Display all floors

Hey Mr. Crazyazn..it is fun trying to figure it out..

...i am just guessing wildly....as i do not have time or energy to figure out the in and outs of the various economic sectors....

do you?

my guess is as good as yours!

better mine then your clueless silence.....

ha ha ha

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.