Views: 2479|Replies: 2

Survey shows more than half of Chinese watch vlogs [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2019-6-8 13:57:47 |Display all floors

A man takes vlogs as he rides bike on the first bicycle-only road, which is expected to ease traffic in the area between Huilongguan, in Beijing, China, on May 31, 2019.

Vlogging, short for video blogging, has become a new fashion in China, as more and more people grab their smartphones and cameras to record their lives and ideas and post the videos online.

According to a recent survey by China Youth Daily which pooled 2,003 people, 54.4 percent of the respondents said they had watched vlogs and 29.1 percent said they made vlogs.

More than 60 percent of the respondents said they enjoy watching video clips about travel while about 57 percent said food vlogs are their favorite. Most of the respondents are interested in the vlogs of Internet celebrities and entertainers.

Shen Xiaoyan, an accountant from Jinan, capital of east China's Shandong Province, likes to scour vlogs for content about travel, cooking, study and shopping.

"I can learn about the life of other people (through their vlogs), learn their mentality and lifestyles. It broadens my horizons and adds joy to my tedious life," Shen was quoted by the newspaper as saying.

Despite the popularity of vlogs, some people complain about their problems. Some said that vloggers tout products and spread advertisements on their vlogs, while others said making good videos requires advanced equipment and editing.

And yet for all that, more than 80 percent of the surveyed said they would like to become a vlogger someday.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-6-9 19:09:36 |Display all floors
I don't watch them, though some of them are said to be highly informative. There are people who are glued to Douyin whenever they are free, that sounds not very good.
Believe it or not, it's true.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2019-6-10 11:58:48 |Display all floors
Not good news.....
kids are addicted to video games, so adults should be setting a better example, not glued to their smart phones
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.