Author: voice_cd

Forum rules reiterated  Close [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-7-12 13:13:19 |Display all floors
To be honest, i could not care less if posters feel they need to call names rather than actually discuss logically.
Name calling and personally abusive comments reflects more on the (poor) intelligence of the poster making them than the subject of the comment, and shows their inability to discuss in a rational and adult manner.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-7-12 13:22:28 |Display all floors
This post was edited by pnp at 2018-7-12 13:24
BlondeAmber Post time: 2018-7-12 13:13
To be honest, i could not care less if posters feel they need to call names rather than actually dis ...

"Name calling and personally abusive comments reflects more on the (poor) intelligence of the poster making them than the subject of the comment, and shows their inability to discuss in a rational and adult manner."

Yes, that is the logic, but if you are the victim, you won't be saying that because it hurts and it paints a very wrong impression of the victim to readers, and the uninformed could easily be misled into thinking that lies are truths!  A responsible poster MUST expose all lies planted on Forum!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-7-12 13:30:59 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2018-7-12 13:22
"Name calling and personally abusive comments reflects more on the (poor) intelligence of the poste ...

I have been subjected to abusive comments on this forum in the past from more than one poster.
Any rational person can recognise these comments for what they are - comments from a small mind.
i can only feel sorry for them that they can only feel good about themselves hiding behind an alias because if you care about such comments from anonymous people, you are WAY too invested in what happens online.

If you are the kind of person who spends time making many such abusive comments online, maybe you are spending too much time online.

an online forum is not real life.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-7-12 13:32:17 |Display all floors
coralbay Post time: 2018-7-12 13:12
This presumption of innocence is astonishing.

It most often takes two to tango ... and you have  ...

"It most often takes two to tango ... and you have proved yourself adept on that  dance floor."

If what you claimed is true, then I should have been banned together with your partner!  The fact that I am still around to engage with you, shows that Voice CD is no fool!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-7-12 13:41:36 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2018-7-12 13:17
You deliberately portray it that way because your partner is banned!  I have said it many times bef ...

i have no partners here. He and I disagree on many issues including issues close to his heart (Israel etc)

I have in the past taken issue with the way you deliver your messages - stridently would be a good description - but a delivery that does not allow for dissent. If others disagree with you, their is a tendency on your part, I believe, to go after the poster and not their dissenting view. And if you cannot see that .... well, perhaps you are too busy celebrating and backslapping with your mates because someone has been temporarily banned.

And the fact remains that you are no stranger to teaming up with your mates on posters and/or their views you dislike. Once again the schoolyard analogous applies ....

I have no objection to him being banned if the mods made that decision in good faith. I saw that a number of other members were also banned at the same time though did not witness any of the offending posts.

Fine - many people here don’t like him because he holds some anti government views, however this forum is not - as the nationalists seem to think it is - a forum where only the official Chinese government narrative is the acceptable view. That doesn’t mean that it is acceptable for a gang of posters to hound him in almost every post he makes, track and stalk him around the forum and attack him oerosonally for his race, wife, children, country of origin, and religion.constantly baiting him with these kind of personal attacks because he holds different political views .... and yet you are here backslapping and supporting those who were campaigning to have him banned. And playing the innocent victim ....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-7-12 13:46:37 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2018-7-12 13:32
"It most often takes two to tango ... and you have proved yourself adept on that  dance floor."

I ...

This is an absurd statement.

A bit like saying Chinese people like rice. Many Chinese people are short. Eating rice can make you short.

The moderators only ban with things get out of control, they only act on the small bits of evidence they view, and they only act of a posters actions are reported.

See my previous post on the hounding ...

There is llenty of evidence available on the forum where you, me and many others could have attracted a ban. It’s that simple - the kind of simple truth you keep telling us you want to see on the forum ....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-7-12 14:00:25 |Display all floors
coralbay Post time: 2018-7-12 13:41
i have no partners here. He and I disagree on many issues including issues close to his heart (Isr ...

"I have no objection to him being banned if the mods made that decision in good faith"

That's putting it in a nice way because you have no choice; given a choice I am sure you would keep him around!  And I am not backslapping myself, it is not as if I have struck lottery!  I can handle him very well, you may not like to admit that!  There were others who pushed very hard for his ban, I am not part of that group.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.