Author: ceciliazhang

Why is China still a developing country   [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-6-11 13:03:01 |Display all floors
sfphoto Post time: 2018-6-11 10:25
First you came up with the retort that Chinese should adopt foreign culinary customs. Then you turn ...

You look weaker and weaker from retort to retort, Seksphoto. Insensitivity cannot be rationalised and made acceptable by pseudo-logical explanations.

I have never said what Chinese should adopt although there seems to be universal consensus minus you and like-minded dissidents that when one travels abroad one adapts to the customs and habits of the people whose country one is ivisiting. WHy should Chinese be exempted? Your retort was that Chinese should go abroad but only patronise Chinese businesses there and continue acting as if they were back in China...

YOu have a fine logic of sorts. DO you think the penguins at Antarctica will be happy to welcome Chinese tourists of the sort you just encouraged to visit foreign places that have Chinese restaurants?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-6-12 04:14:40 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sfphoto at 2018-6-12 04:17
seneca Post time: 2018-6-11 13:03
You look weaker and weaker from retort to retort, Seksphoto. Insensitivity cannot be rationalise ...

Let me paraphrase your last post:

Chinese tourists should not be allowed to patronize Chinese restaurants when visiting the USA.

Now substitute “Mexican” for “Chinese”:

Mexican tourists should not be allowed to patronize Mexican restaurants when visiting the USA.

They should only patronize US restaurants such as McDonalds so they can become “developed” after learning how to consume “Industrialized” food such as hamburgers. Plus they get to increase the GDP of the USA by creating more wealth for US Capitalists.

No more beef noodle soup for Chinese tourists or beef burrito for Mexican tourists! Only Big Mac hamburgers 100% Made in the USA!

You’re beginning to sound like Trump; “Buy American! Hire American!”

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-6-12 06:42:26 |Display all floors
I have to admit that China really has achieved a lot on material civilization:the rapid urbanization, the great changes in agriculture, industry and army! ------------It seems that it is easy for Chinese to copy western living style, but Searu does not think fellow friends are as clever if on thinking method! --------------Western friends have more advanced logical tradition on speaking and writing and for this reason they often feel they are superior than us!
All of our writings should go with zero error!

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-6-12 08:33:11 |Display all floors
sfphoto Post time: 2018-6-12 04:14
Let me paraphrase your last post:

Chinese tourists should not be allowed to patronize Chinese rest ...

When you have that fiery red on your cheeks you remind me of my dearly departed canary, Coco. You fly into a rage just as quickly as he could - except that he never changed colours whereas you do.

You have totally lost this argument, Seksphoto. I have never suggested Chinese or Mexican visitors to the USA should have to patronise McDonald's.  Where in my posts did I let on that foreign tourists must visit restaurants run by native US Americans only or fast food eateries?

I put it to you that even ethnic Chinese US Americans might have an unpleasant time with Chinese package tourists like the ones that were evicted from an Osaka restaurant. It's not about the food they eat, it's vout the memories they leave the locals with: In Osaka's case, obviously unpleasant ones.

If foreign visitors do not respect local mores, they will also be treated rather unkindly in China. A Russian who has a noisy altercation with the waiting staff in a Guangzhou restaurant getting kicked out - many foreign residents applauded too.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-6-12 11:55:51 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-6-12 08:33
When you have that fiery red on your cheeks you remind me of my dearly departed canary, Coco. You  ...

So? Where’s the beef?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-6-12 12:15:28 |Display all floors
sfphoto Post time: 2018-6-12 11:55
So? Where’s the beef?

Good。 We both are vegetarians for a day. We have no beef.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-6-13 14:04:11 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-6-9 18:10
The status of developing nation depends not so much on the wealth of the citizens but on how well de ...

That is your weird definition of a developed country, not the generally accepted one, which is based on per capita GDP!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.