Views: 3840|Replies: 80

"Eat all your food because...." [Copy link] 中文

Medal of honor July's Best Writer 2012 June's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2018-6-4 16:33:41 |Display all floors
This post was edited by UYA at 2018-6-4 16:41

What was told to you by your parents, to make you eat all your food?
In America, it was.....
"Eat all your food because, people go hungry in China".

Now, since poverty in China is less than in the States.
(accourding to CIA stats)
How would it would be, if Chinese families are telling their children.....
"Eat all your food, because there are people in America that go hungry"

That would be so funny, and ironic.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Valuable Member 2018 Most Valuable Member 2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-6-4 18:41:21 |Display all floors

First of all, it is shameful to throw away cooked food that is left over after the meal is over.

The right thing to do is to preserve it for your next meal. Or to give it to someone else.

It simply is immoral to make light of people who cannot eat to their stomach's wish. It's also immoral to grandstand and look down on those who do not have the means to stuff their gullets with things they crave.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Valuable Member 2018 Most Valuable Member 2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-6-4 18:45:03 |Display all floors

Besides, there is no justification for China to feel smug about its small success in finally catching up to advanced countries. In the USA, nobody dies from hunger. The majority of US Americans are obese or overweight, whereas in China hundreds of millions still are malnourished and don't have a healthy, rich daily diet.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-6-5 08:02:03 |Display all floors
This post was edited by HailChina! at 2018-6-5 08:04

I am at the ideal weight for my height. I have been underweight for many years and it has taken a lot of eating to get back to my ideal weight. Also it is pretty much all muscle. I am fitter than ever. I'm looking fantastic. I eat all of my food. But I do not eat leftovers. I finish my meals. Well sometimes I will save a slice or two of pizza and heat it up a few hours later but that's it. Also - all of the food I eat is pretty healthy. I eat two or three pizzas a week but they are vegetation pizza so they are still pretty good. I have started eating a lot of blueberry muffins recently.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor July's Best Writer 2012 June's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2018-6-5 09:05:21 |Display all floors
HailChina! Post time: 2018-6-5 08:02
I am at the ideal weight for my height. I have been underweight for many years and it has taken a lo ...

what did your parents tell you, to eat all your food?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-6-5 10:01:03 |Display all floors
HailChina! Post time: 2018-6-5 08:02
I am at the ideal weight for my height. I have been underweight for many years and it has taken a lo ...

And another advantage of today's modern life is that you can order pizza to be delivered to your home, so you don't have to do physical exercise such as walking downstairs and a dusty mile to the nearest pizza bakery. The sweat is all the pizza deliverman's.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-6-5 12:32:41 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-6-5 10:01
And another advantage of today's modern life is that you can order pizza to be delivered to your h ...

Well I get my own pizza from Dominos. It is cheaper that way.  I am on a tight budget. The pizza I get us $5 pick up. Its fantastic value. And where I live they have all these pizza delivery people riding electric bikes and I feel sorry for them really. They are not getting paid very much. And yeah they are sweating riding around like that. Or freezing in the winter. I wouldn't want one of them to bring me a pizza you know. And anyway - there is a girl that works at my local Dominos and she is so hot I can't believe it. Especially in that latex looking Dominos apron they wear.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.