Views: 12673|Replies: 39

Is this the most violent baptism? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-5-15 08:49:20 |Display all floors

(News) A GREEK orthodox priest’s technique has come under fire after he appeared to baptise a tiny baby a little too vigorously. In footage that is trending online, the man of the cloth repeatedly dunks the naked baby into the baptismal font. The child is rapidly dunked three times into the water before being handed back to his seemingly unperturbed parents. According to The Sun the footage was taken in Ayia Napa, Cyprus, at a Greek Orthodox Church.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-5-15 08:50:11 |Display all floors

Orthodox baptisms are usually done ‘forcefully’ but many online commentators have criticised the priest’s rather rough approach.

One Twitter user posted: “Omg that’s the most violent baptism?! I’ve ever seen?!”

Another commented: “Baptism?? More like attempted murder.”

A third wrote: “But this sort of baptism. Aaaah. It’s actually “Roughism”.

Others also pointed out that the vigorous actions by a priest in the Greek Orthodox Church was not that unusual.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-5-15 08:50:55 |Display all floors

One wrote: “I went to a Greek baptism last year an this is genuinely what it’s like, thought the guy was gona drown the baby haha.” [sic]

Another posted: “That was a Greek baptism and very custom. It also wasn’t just water, but olive oil in that said water.”

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-5-15 08:51:07 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2018-5-15 10:50:11 |Display all floors
i would never consent to anyone doing such to my kid...
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-5-15 11:00:30 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2018-5-15 10:50
i would never consent to anyone doing such to my kid...

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2018-5-15 17:02:34 |Display all floors
Christianity has always been a violent religion.
It looks like the priest is trying to tenderize the poor baby who has no choice in the matter.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.