Author: SEARU

China should update her software to the machine of education [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2018-4-14 18:33:14 |Display all floors
This post was edited by robert237 at 2018-4-14 03:17
SEARU Post time: 2018-4-14 02:20
I intended to discuss with you on software but he wanted to turn my focus on material!

I'm not sure if you mean software in the traditional sense or applications. There's quite a bit of difference.
It's the difference between growing wheat and making pastries.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-4-14 22:16:58 |Display all floors
SEARU Post time: 2018-4-14 17:56
China is still a developing country where you had better have patience on material hardware of edu ...

You should know my mind about what needs changing in China's education; I don't disagree with you. However, I feel you are obsessing about surface reality, i.e. that which meets your eyes. There are bigger dimensions that are not so readily visible and that need change.

The hardware can always be improved but it won't make the biggest difference. The most important thing is to motivate the pupils and also the teachers. That cannot be achieved merely by changing the physical part. It needs a thorough rethink.

Pupi8ls for example benefit a lot more if they are more comfortable. To achieve that, you have to reduce the class size. You can ask `00 pupils to memorise from their books but you cannot raise 100 pupils' attention  in the same classroom.

Bobby doesn't believe me that classrooms in the West never have 50 pupils; yet I have seen classes that held even 70 pupils.

I taught in schools that had classes no bibber than 25; my own was never bigger than 17.

Think about this for a while, try to see the benefits for the teacher as well as the pupils in such small classes.   

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-4-14 22:19:08 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-4-14 22:16
You should know my mind about what needs changing in China's education; I don't disagree with you ...

And surely the curricula need an overhaul? And no, it's not about cramming more science subjects into the existing timetables. It's about balancing the types of subjects and developing pupils into all-rounded adults.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-14 22:26:18 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-4-14 06:16
You should know my mind about what needs changing in China's education; I don't disagree with you ...

""There are bigger dimensions that are not so readily visible and that need change.""

Put down the crack pipe little monkey. Your mind is playing tricks on you again.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-14 22:28:57 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-4-14 06:16

""I taught in schools that had classes no bibber than 25""

What was the bibbest class you ever taught? It wasn't spelling was it?

Nobody is going to believe you ever taught anything little monkey. You live in a fantasy world.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-15 06:12:56 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2018-4-14 22:26
""There are bigger dimensions that are not so readily visible and that need change.""

Put down th ...

Booby, why do you follow me like a lost puppy? If you want to have company, why don't you go to Asianfriend.com? Your retorts to me are meaningless and never relate to the topic that SEARU set. You can't make any serious contribution since you neither know Chinese school life nor did you complete your education back in the USA. As you famously stated yourself, you broke it off. A hopeless case you are Booby.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-15 06:42:28 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2018-4-14 22:26

Put down th ...

Booby,
why are you following me around like a puppy? You can make no significant contribution to this thread. It's way, way over your head.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.