Author: SoftAngel

A Sino-US embarassing moment: neither fish nor fowl   [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Valuable Member 2018 Most Valuable Member 2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-2-17 07:59:04 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2018-2-16 20:52
""The U.S.A. is beholden to humanitarian principles.""

That is one hilarious statement.

I can sense the deep satisfaction you derive from the belief that the U.S.A. killed over one million SE Asian communists. If the U.S.A. had not killed them, I guess you would sleep less well.

Relief is on its way, Bob: Communist rulers have also killed tens of millions (not just one million!) subjects in their jurisdictions. Think of Pol Pot in Cambodia. Think of the Kim aristocracy in Pyongyang. Think of Stalin in the soviet union and think of mao who also killed between 30 million and 100 million communist people.. The U.S.A. is outdone and outsone once again by China...

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Valuable Member 2018 Most Valuable Member 2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-2-17 08:02:24 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2018-2-16 20:52
""The U.S.A. is beholden to humanitarian principles.""

That is one hilarious statement.

I do not defend the U.S.A., Robert: I defend its defensible features such as its humanitarianism. It is a country run by human beings and unlike Mr Pee the Go, nobody is perfect, so the people who run the U.S.A. add their personal good and their personal bad to the governance of their nation. The U.S.A. has problems that reflect negative influences in its politics just as any other country does. I abhor the death penalty and I especially abhor the simplistic belief in retributive justice so dear to your compatriots (but also to the Chinese).

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-17 08:05:06 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2018-2-16 21:15
Not nearly as many as the US killed.

Robert,

I as a humanist expect a more intelligent reply fro you to such a ponderous question. You gave a churlish answer. One feels you entirely approve of any killings the communists have done and will do in future I abhor ANY killing of people. Communists like you are a menace to humanity. You people want to decide who is to live and who is to die.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-17 08:08:05 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2018-2-16 21:41
I guess you failed math.

33 is a LOT less than over a million killed by the US in Southeast Asia. ...

Robert,

innocent victims of Communist crimes against them don't take your relativist approach to morality. They see things in absolutes. And why shouldn't they? Rulers must be fair and fairness cannot be adjusted to numbers.

To me it seems your ideology is morally bankrupt.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-17 11:14:38 |Display all floors
This post was edited by pnp at 2018-2-17 11:46
coralbay Post time: 2018-2-16 21:11
Your posts #46 and #47 offer completely opposite views. First you state it is not OK to deport ill ...

You are wrong in interpreting my post.  I am clear headed, never flip flop. I stand by my post that it is wrong to enter any country illegally.  The other part was in reply to seneca who claimed those who have stayed there should not be deported. I said all flleeing their homeland must follow legal channels to get to another country.  I don't know how that can confuse you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-17 11:19:34 |Display all floors
coralbay Post time: 2018-2-16 21:07
You state that what Donald Trump is doing is wrong.
Yet your earlier post - illegal immigrants mus ...

Again, my post was in reply to seneca's, who seem to suggest the couple should not be deported because they have lived there long time.  I don't mean Trump is rightor wrong, just that seneca should share his idea with Trump who s deporting dreamers who have stayed thee very long, even longer than the Chinese couple.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-17 11:24:24 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-2-16 19:40
Well, Mr Pee, for someone who thinks he is God, as omniscient and omnipotent as God, you show a da ...

"The U.S.A. is beholden to humanitarian principles. It should protect the people who flee unjust officials."

Ok, point taken, US supports illegal entry into its territory just because those aliens are fleeing persecuton in their homeland!  So this couple, by your weird logical should be spared deportation;  something I said at the outset to be wrong in principle!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.