Author: SoftAngel

Time to make a change of China's New Year [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-2-13 22:05:50 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-2-13 16:12
The biggest downside with the Spring holiday is its impact on the economy. It means most businesse ...

re: But then again I realise that we in the West enjoy a freedom the Chinese don't know: the right to choose the season even the month, when we want to take a family holiday abroad or somewhere in-country

Mainland Chinese citizens made 136.8 million trips across their borders in 2016 (according to China Outbound Tourism Research Institute)...

And that's twice the United Kingdom/Population; 65.64 million (2016)...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 7 DayEarlier |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-2-13 16:12
The biggest downside with the Spring holiday is its impact on the economy. It means most businesse ...

Quote:
“the right to choose the season even the month, when we want to take a family holiday abroad or somewhere in-country”.
Unquote:
I can’t share that and I guess many other will join me on that.
My kids, wife & myself only could travel most of our holiday’s when there was no school, when all highway’s were congested, when fuel prices went up a day before, when flight ticket where getting rare and super expensive, same for restaurants beaches and hotels. And of cause we had many “Black any weekday” to get cheaper tickets or to extend the holiday for one more weekend.
And last but not least all the other p rikks giving you the riddletitts all time long where also there on holiday.
Twentyfive percent out of nothing is still nothing!

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

RENREW Post time: 2018-2-14 10:58
Quote:
“the right to choose the season even the month, when we want to take a family holiday abro ...

Oh Deer, how wrong I was! Then again I was right as far as I am concerned. In those days I had no wife, no children, had to care about no school holidays and only had to ask the Personnel Manager whether it was convenient for me to take my holidays in the off season.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

emanreus Post time: 2018-2-13 22:05
re:  But then again I realise that we in the West enjoy a freedom the Chinese don't know: the righ ...

You clearly have no travel-in-China experience, old crinkled cow! Do you enjoy being squeezed between two slabs of fat that snore through a solid ten hours of a train journey? And when the whole trainload of passengers does the same - snoring - the trip rocks! SOme carriages actually get lifted off the rails by the passengers' rhythmic snores! It's dangerous, you know! The train might hurtle down a mountain slope, away from the track and into a canyon!

Use magic tools Report

seneca Post time: 2018-2-14 11:49
Oh Deer, how wrong I was! Then again I was right as far as I am concerned. In those days I had no  ...

Das habe ich mir schon gedacht...hahaha
Twentyfive percent out of nothing is still nothing!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 6 DayEarlier |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-2-14 11:51
You clearly have no travel-in-China experience, old crinkled cow! Do you enjoy being squeezed betw ...

Korean New Year is generally the same day as Chinese New Year except when new moon occurs between 15:00 UTC (Korean midnight) and 16:00 UTC (Chinese midnight).
  In such case (on average once every 24 years), new moon happens on the "next day" in Korea compared to China, and Korean New Year will be one day after Chinese New Year.

I hope this helps...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 4 DayEarlier |Display all floors
emanreus Post time: 2018-2-13 15:12
In the US, the day after Thanksgiving was called "Black Friday" in a 1951 journal referring to worke ...

In some religion activity, thousands or even millions of people gather together where they risk their life since it is every crowded!  Who could change their tradition and belief?
Loving to the people and the  environment is special feeling that could lead you have a good study about the world!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.