Views: 76009|Replies: 40

How do you think about vocational education? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-2-9 17:34:52 |Display all floors
In 1985 I went to university where our class was the first batch of students specially trained for the upcoming vocational education!  After graduation I was sent to the newly-founded technical middle-school where I have been working for 30 years since then. I have seen the up and down of the special training work here in China. Latter I would like tell you some unforgettable stories with me. At the same time, I wonder what is going on in your country in this field?
All of our writings should go with zero error!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-9 20:19:06 |Display all floors
I think you had better make a clear definition of vocational education before discussing other relevant matters.
As far as I know, all education forms have the same end in China, to prepare the educated to get a good job in his life. Vocational, professional, academic education or whatsoever the name is, cannot be said to be successful if it cannot help students to have a good job.
I think you will agree with me.  

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-2-9 21:59:47 |Display all floors
You went to a university to obtain a "vocational" training? That is unheard of. What kind of "vocational" education did you get?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-9 22:05:11 |Display all floors
GreenNanning Post time: 2018-2-9 20:19
I think you had better make a clear definition of vocational education before discussing other relev ...

Vocational education should be as the following  ‘Short period of training program that get you ready for some certain definite job in the near future!". For examples: The  mechatronics major would turn you into     a skill worker on machinery or  electronics; The cooking course could help you become a good chef in the five-star hotel;  The teacher-training class is necessary if you want to look after the kids in kindergarten!

( The most advanced vocational education is to turn few senior pilots into astronauts! --------Let me joke in this way!)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-9 22:10:10 |Display all floors
vocational education, trade school
Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. Mark Twain

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-9 22:27:59 |Display all floors
Saul Post time: 2018-2-9 22:10
vocational education, trade school

How do you feel about your trade school?  Are you lack of student-source?

In China we had been troubled with not-enough learners for vocational training since most parents would first consider how to send kids to the traditional ordinary middle-school. Only the backward students failed on theory-education had to come to our vocational school! ----------You could imagine how poor our business had been for a long time before the recent years the situation has changed!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-9 22:55:19 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-2-9 21:59
You went to a university to obtain a "vocational" training? That is unheard of. What kind of "vocati ...

That was a special class on mechatronics within the physics department of the Qv-fu Teacher University where is Confucius'  hometown. During the period we were taught on theory with some physics tests and some professional practice, such as how to make a radio-set, camera-using and film-washing for perfect photo. That was wonder that our headteacher lead us to visit some famous university-labs and factories!

But to tell the truth, most of the college time was not ideal as I had expected since I disliked the abstract book-knowledge. In fact I spent too much free energy on English instead of physics!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.