Views: 2197|Replies: 7

60-year-old sanitation worker a skateboard fanatic [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-2-8 15:53:49 |Display all floors
(Shanghai Daily) A 60-year-old sanitation worker in Shanghai boasts a hobby which is usually deemed fit only for young people: skateboarding.

Xu Zhizhong works as a sanitation man at Jiangwan Stadium, located in the city’s Yangpu District. Quite a few young people ride skateboards at the stadium everyday, and Xu said he wanted to try it himself after seeing how much fun it looked.

“At Xu’s age, he may enjoy sliding most”, said Zheng Tao, a skateboarding instructor who offered Xu a board and taught him to skate.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-8 15:54:26 |Display all floors

Xu rides skateboards after work at around 4:30pm about three times a week, an hour or two each time. Xu has already mastered skills like single-foot sliding, rotating and jumping off from the board.

He added that it's not a dangerous sport, as long as one masters balance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-8 15:54:58 |Display all floors

Xu rides skateboards after work at around 4:30pm about three times a week, an hour or two each time. Xu has already mastered skills like single-foot sliding, rotating and jumping off from the board.

He added that it's not a dangerous sport, as long as one masters balance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-9 23:50:03 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-2-11 08:33:13 |Display all floors
I am a sanitation worker and I am almost 40 and I taught myself to skateboard at a skatepark this year after work. I am a lot better than this guy. I can go down ramps without falling off. You put feet under shoulders, arms out and bend your knees. I learned this from a YouTube video after trying to go down a two metre high ramp with straight legs and falling off and landing on my elbow. My elbow was sore for over a month. I watched the YouTube video straight after I hurt my elbow. And tried it again. That's his hardcore I am. I didn't want to give up after getting hurt. After watching video I went down ramp without falling off first time. It was awesome. I bet this guy can't go down a two metre high ramp at a skatepark.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-2-11 08:33:26 |Display all floors
I am so awesome.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-2-11 09:57:12 |Display all floors
I used to ride a skateboard when I was nine or ten but never at a skatepark or down ramps. I could do tick tacs and ride along like the old sanitation worker above but in my opinion if that's all you can do then you can't ride a skateboard. Anyone can do that.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.