Views: 11719|Replies: 10

Chinese should learn foreigners on four styles! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-1-7 18:45:14 |Display all floors

(The four styles are Observing, thinking, speaking and writing!)

Here I want to point out: Chinese paintings by brush and western drawings by pencil are quite different! The former offer you a dim-rude imagine while the later always describe things in detailed way. I could feel such difference even when I do reading books written in Chinese or English.

----------It seems that we Chinese are not as careful as our counterparts when observing the world!-------------This is why I often emphasize that fellow friends should improve thinking and speaking and writing style!   To teach kids one concept with more clear image-elements just as the modern digital-TV does!

All of our writings should go with zero error!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-1-7 18:47:33 |Display all floors
To my surprise, this writing has got an instant approval!  Say thanks to the editor!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-1-7 22:48:55 |Display all floors
(The first of this writing comes from my comment to the thread <Artists give view from the back> by SherrySongSHSF.)

Now let's discuss if the word ‘research’=‘研究’ in Chinese?!!!

In English 're-search' should mean ‘looking for something again and again with great patience’.
研=stone(石)+open(开)----------‘try to break one hard thing’;
究=cave(穴)+ nine(九)----------‘To dig many holes for something’?  Maybe!  But I think '九‘ should represent 'more higher or deeper in degree’, another example is ‘九天’ which means 'the top layer of the sky”.------So 究  shows ‘to dig the cave deeper and deeper’!

Now I don't believe that English-Chinese told me 'research=研究’!!!

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-1-8 09:22:01 |Display all floors
I am puzzled by the title o your thread: "Chinese should learn foreigners..."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-1-9 12:32:36 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-1-8 09:22
I am puzzled by the title o your thread: "Chinese should learn foreigners..."

I could understand your feeling since this topic is more complicated beyond normal!

Observation is the source of knowledge. Kids' eyes and ears are quite sensitive who can learn a lot of basic knowledge and ability with ease.  However, this natural learning method has been wasted due to our poor teaching process! ------------------Western friends do better than Chinese since they respect children’s  freedom on growth!  

The word ‘observing’ is quite interesting with the letter ‘O' for begining which shows that you must open your eyes wide for a closing look at what is going to in the physical world! ----------------

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-1-12 11:34:21 |Display all floors
This topic concerns our academic atmosphere which is the spirit of the Chinese education!

Sadly our working style had been badly influenced by the Great Culture-Revolution during which period people were used to shouting slogans instead of writing articles with strong self-point of view!  Even now in language-class students are asked to use flowery words for composition with shallow thinking-depth. Furthermore strict frequent exams require children to repeat book-written-words although sometime they have not totally understand the theory!

May I say that our schooling system is running in low efficiency!?  We have invested too much time and energy on books with poor fruits as reward!

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-1-12 15:34:05 |Display all floors
SEARU Post time: 2018-1-12 11:34
This topic concerns our academic atmosphere which is the spirit of the Chinese education!

Sadly our ...

You know many Westerners agree with this:

May I say that our schooling system is running in low efficiency!?  We have invested too much time and energy on books with poor fruits as reward!

Yes, your school system is extremely inefficient. It also is pointless and elitist. It is a lot that it should not be. It is a sham, a façade that hides meaninglessness.

I am not sure the origins of this dysfunctionality all lie in the Evilolution. I think traditional Chinese culture is geared towards inefficiency and that is why Chinese learn things in an inefficient way. That was the case before the Evilolution but perhaps since that tragic event it has become even worse.

Dont decry the books! Books are precious. The problem is that Chinese only copy books' contents to their memory. This is what they regard as "learning". In the West we don't learn this way. e do not copy book contents to our minds. We read books and read BETWEEN THE LINES. That makes reading much more thrilling than memorizing texts.

Compare Western and Chinese habits: Europeans read a lot of books as adults, just out of interest. Chinese don't read at all. They have no interest left after leaving school. Reading to them is a chore.

That is very, very sad to see!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.