Author: SEARU

How to make Chinese language more powerful? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-12-4 22:54:22 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2017-12-4 06:09
Stop using the ideographic characters (except for high culture). Convert to pinyin for ordinary use. ...

Chinese characters should be taught in more interesting way in stead of letting students swallow each of them as a whole without chewing-analysis.  I have many funny writings on the topic through which you would feel that Chinese words really look like paintings! I wish you have a look!
The most useful knowledge and skill that we are lack of is that of about human!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-4 23:02:09 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2017-12-4 12:26
Sorry to say, it is so hard to understand you because your style of English is not like what we are  ...

In the university I learned it as hoby through seventy books plus one red dictionary;
I have been on the habit for three decades since then with radio,paper-version chinadaily,portable Dell computer.  I have benifit a lot from the Internet-dictionary since that is so convenient for you to get a detailed explaining to any new word that you meet with!

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-12-5 09:53:05 |Display all floors
SEARU Post time: 2017-12-4 00:08
I could understand your meaning but that would be risky or impossible to make a complicated medica ...

I can only suggest you rethink my suggestion. I am not pleading for the abolition of Chinese characters at all. I say the 26 Roman letters should be added to the Chinese characters and be employed to coin neologisms and enable Chinese to borrow loanwords from other languages.

It would be particularly helpful if foreign place-names were written in Roman letters instead of in Chinese characters. The Chinese names of foreign places sound confusing and I note that many Chinese don't really know where these places are.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-12-5 09:55:11 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2017-12-4 12:26
Sorry to say, it is so hard to understand you because your style of English is not like what we are  ...

May I disagree?

We understand him very well because he hits on the right tone when speaking to the international community.

If you know SEARU a little you can understand him all the time. I wish this was true of the contents of posts written by a few other posters here as well...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-5 11:39:16 |Display all floors
SEARU Post time: 2017-12-4 23:02
In the university I learned it as hoby through seventy books plus one red dictionary;
I have been ...

"I have benifit a lot from the Internet-dictionary since that is so convenient for you to get a detailed explaining to any new word that you meet with!"

That's where your problem lies; you rely solely on internet dictionary which does not tell you how, and when to use its translations.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-5 11:42:53 |Display all floors
This post was edited by pnp at 2017-12-5 12:08
seneca Post time: 2017-12-5 09:55
May I disagree?

We understand him very well because he hits on the right tone when speaking to  ...

If you consider his English standard, and not Chinglish, then good luck to you!  Do we have to 'understand' the writer of every post or articles we read?  Don't we just have to understand what he writes? And how are we supposed to 'understand' him other than from what we see of his writing?Take your silly argument elsewhere!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-5 12:16:39 |Display all floors
About "then good lck to you!"?
What is lck?

Please make a brief remark on yourself english ability, from which I could learn something!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.